BIONICLE Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard, Part 2 (Art) + Part 1 Winners

Building these guys will be a headache. There’s currently only thirteen Bricklink stores selling Flat Silver Rhotuka Shields.

Thirteen.

Not to mention, each store (of course) only sells one each. I think I’ll leave my Gaaki shieldless. Norik too… I decided to piece him out… :pensive:

1 Like

Oh yes I completely forgot about those too! I think I will add the shield to Gaaki because she is the only one that features flat silver parts (at least if you build the Rode entry). Then maybe another for Pouks or Kualus. You could also buy a flat dark gold one and spray paint it although that is definitely not ideal.

I do wonder: where are most of you from? The States?

2 Likes

The majority of the boards users are USA-based, but there’s a solid sprinkling of people from every continent.

3 Likes

I have met polish, russian and japanese fans, I am a finn. suprisingly lot outside usa. maybe there should be a poll asking the region people are from?

3 Likes

Nope. That rule is specifically for the art.
I’m not sure if it applies to Bomonga and Kualus since their masks are already given, but for Gaaki and Pouks, You have to draw (or provide a 3d model of) the mask as part of your entry.

2 Likes

This would work:

12 Likes

I see. To bad there are no individual countries but I guess it would be quite some work adding all of them.

It is interesting to see all the distinct differences in parts that are available for EU and US buyers on Bricklink. Like some parts are almost exclusively sold by US sellers whereas others are almost exclusively sold by EU sellers (among which specific Toa Hagah parts).

I already have 2 gold shields, just in case.

Everyone talking about the shields, but no one mention the expensive Lesovikk blade as Gaaki spear. Since it can be changed, may I suggest to the artists using Mahritoran blade? It mantain the original aquatic vibe.

You could also 3d print the model from the Biopack and paint that.

2 Likes

I don’t care much about price since I don’t plan on ever building these, but I do recommend changing her spear tip to this piece. It’d be a trident.
download (1)

3 Likes

Please no, that’s Rahaga Pouks staff. I oppose of using any of the Rahaga staffs as Toa Hagah spear.

10 Likes

fair enough, I didn’t think of that

You mean order it online or something? Because I think that would be just as expensive all things considered. Although it may also depend on your location.

I think he meant that if you have a printer. But there is a model by King Sidorak that should be better for printing.

1 Like

As things stands, we do have this rule for art:

However, it is worth noting that in this case, the entry photo notably obscures the thigh armor entirely. So in this instance, we’re of the opinion that some artistic freedom in this department is allowable. That said, it would be weighed with other changes that may skirt the rule, if any exist. So discretion will be applied.

Either/or.

12 Likes

Ooo. I quite like that Gunmetal variant of Kualus. Is the spearhead available in all those colors?

@Takutanuva This is an absolutely useful technique even outside the two Toa

Edited for Double Post - BioKnight

5 Likes

Unfortunately, no. I believe its only available in metal or mata blue.

The spearhead and mask would be the only parts you’d need to have painted/printed/cast in either gold or silver. For the gunmetal variant, you’d have to additionally recolour the shield, a rhotuka, and the shoulder and thigh armour pieces too (same total amount of parts requiring recolouring as the original metal blue version)

4 Likes

Could @Kodiak allow/deny the changing of Pouks’ thigh armor?