BIONICLE Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard, Part 2 (Art) + Part 1 Winners

Lol so our mods don’t even check the breakdown photos they requested. Nice

I noticed you deleted the last snarky remark you made yesterday… yet decided to just modify it and post it again today:

Not entirely sure what you’re hoping to gain here, but you’re factually wrong. One entry was missed. It was a mistake. Is there something else you’re hoping for at this point?

Genuinely curious how you think this response is beneficial. Please elaborate.

8 Likes

In TTV’s defence, running the Hagah contest must be pure chaos. From having more restrictions and requirements than likely any other contest, to the sheer amount of entries and polls to keep track of, it’s not surprising one would slip through the cracks.

besides we can always badly photoshop Bomonga out later

2 Likes

I still stand by that comment, though I didn’t delete that. I came back to find it was deleted so I might as well post it again.

Still though, I would think a contest would run with the same standard of any other contest in the world where if the winner is found breaking rules, they get disqualified even after the results were announced. Run your contest the way you want, but man is it a poor showing of a community run contest

It was withdrawn… by the author. You. You withdrew it. It says in the post, and our system logs show only two actions were taken - you posting it and you deleting it.

You didn’t answer my question (what more do you want, what do you hope to gain here), and either you didn’t read the explanation Meso posted or refuse to accept it.

What’s done is done. I’m happy for you that you think you would’ve made a better choice, or that you would’ve caught the error. I’m not sure what you’re hoping for here.

8 Likes

I certainly see what you’re going for, but I think that’s unfair to Double, given that he posted a definitely-rules-compliant image after @Willess12 questioned the shield placement; it’s not his fault that TTV didn’t see and/or use it:

7 Likes

I’m not sure thats much of a proper way to use a shield tbh… could kind of get your fingers sliced off and missed most of what it is aiming to protect. I could make a mod to make it easier to hold than that

8 Likes

Yes, it is.

For one thing, that picture wasn’t ever added to the main post. If Double actually wanted TTV to use it (and I don’t think he did, it seems like just a snarky reply to the debate), he would have added it to the post. If it wasn’t clear before, this discussion has made it clear that TTV don’t read all the replies.

Two, it is quite clear that, unless the creator indicates otherwise, the first picture in their topic is their entry photo (or at least the first photo of the individual moc). Photos in the replies are never used, except for one specific circumstance where TTV requested them (Perp’s art, for individual shots)

Double gave every indication that he intended for the first photo to be his entry photo. If he intended that photo to be used (which I doubt), he could have and should have made that clear.

Edit: it is TTV’s fault for not noticing the shield issue in the first place, yes. But they can hardly be blamed for not using a photo that the creator made no effort to present to them.

15 Likes

I know Galva said he didn’t want Gaaki’s current mask to be used… so if someone wanted to give her this Akaku, you’d have my vote. :eyes:

4 Likes

Y’know there’s one really good reason why Bomonga has a not-Faxon

So we can build the big lad

28 Likes

I would

I would kill to have someone actually do this.

7 Likes

get your knife out then

once color’s decided I’m going to look into this

8 Likes

The hero we need, but don’t deserve.

Best of luck, my liege.

6 Likes

That’s literally the reason I put a faxon on my Bomonga entry

6 Likes

Any tips for spray paint colors that matches the Pearl silver gray and metal blue colors?

1 Like

I was already kind of iffy about this ruling given that the thigh armour can clearly be seen in the other photos in the entry, but I just now noticed something small while looking at the Pouks entry photo:

Even if we accept that the other contest-required photos are meaningless for the art portion, it can still be seen pretty clearly through the gap in the shield (and peeking around the edge) that Pouks has Inika thighs.

With all the scrutiny that has fallen on past pieces of artwork for not staying close enough to the winning MOC, it seems odd to now allow artists to make such blatant and intentional changes to aspects of the MOC that are so obvious in the original entry, and still visible in the main photo.

After all, you wouldn’t want an artist to give Pouks a bright green left hand just because you can’t see his shield-holding hand in the entry photo.

Obviously there’s still going to be artistic stylization, but I’ve seen artwork that replaced the Inika piece with a 1:1 copy of the Metru thigh.

Now, I’m not really sure what could be done about this given how late we are into the art portion, but I figured that this seems like it should be made known before we get even further into the contest:

3 Likes

Didn’t Kodiak allow that change?

Yes, he did.

8 Likes

I don’t think the original creators have the authourity to just okay whatever changes they want. Otherwise, what was the point of the special permissions in the first round, or even the first round in general?

1 Like

This is a false analogy. Changing the thigh armor to a very similar piece of thigh armor – all in the same color and generally not changing the aesthetic of the build to a jarring degree – is not the same as changing parts of the build bright green.

Helryx’s art contest winner also had a couple of changes such as this, like the Metru head, the lessening of the hunch, etc etc. This really isn’t as big of a deal as you’re making it out to be.

12 Likes

The real answer is to make a hybrid Inika-Metru thigh armor. It’ll make a great custom part!

4 Likes