BIONICLE Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard, Part 2 (Art) + Part 1 Winners

So we have 5 standard Toa Hagah, and then gigaBomonga.

And Bomonga doesn’t have a launcher.

Wonderful.

5 Likes

Since Bomonga and Kualus masks cannot be changed, does that mean the 3D models for those masks are canon? Or is there room to use Hahli’s Faxon or add more details in KhingK’s mask of Sensory Fitness Aptitude?

But I do like that mask :cry:

1 Like

I’m pretty happy with the winners. Still sad about pink Pouks though. Not for the memes or anything, I just really liked @CalamitousT ’s Pouks, especially with the pink armor. Congrats to the winners! I’m glad we had at least one really creative moc make it through. Quite an impressive feat. Anyways, good luck to the artists!

1 Like

Me who already has five black metru torsos

Well… yes and no. The art depiction of those masks will be canon.

There’s room to do whatever you want, man. You want to use hahli’s Faxon? Go right for it.
personally I’d rather paint a 3d printed piece than an existing one but that’s just me.

7 Likes

Bomonga limbs should be replaced with Vahki leg pieces to keep conformity while keeping the bulky appearance of the character.

10 Likes

I suspect most people will do that while making their own models of em.

It is now my headcanon that he has vahki limbs at regular size and those metru torso limbs when he git-big-ify.

12 Likes

that’s a good headcanon
I’ll adopt it also

4 Likes

That would break his design, so it shouldn’t be changed in the art portion (unless you don’t draw especifics Lego pieces as art style). I don’t like those limbs for Bomonga, but it’s what people voted for.

2 Likes

Bomonga looking like Popeye didn’t skip leg day.

11 Likes

On the topic of changing things, would it be okay to change Pouks’ thigh armor? He’s the only member of the team without Metru thighs.

I would too, but I’m impatient.

Probably a good idea to wait on two of the masks though…

Eh, it’s not like this is hard to change.

2 Likes

It could easily be added though:

6 Likes

I’m personally a huge fan of the big man bomonga. i like to see more of a variety in body types for toa. its fun.

the only issue i see with it is how much it’ll cost to build him. those torsos arent exactly easy to find lol

20 Likes

Actually, they aren’t that expensive on bricklink, I just checked.

1 Like

darn, sucks that none of the art got through. At least the winners were the ones I’d probably have picked out the the system entries.

2 Likes

Woaoah livin on a prayer

I’m personally completely fine with the results. They all look really good.

9 Likes

just wait till everyone’s buying 5 at a time for their bomongas lol. no way that price is gonna stay where it is.

12 Likes

True dat.

1 Like

They arent expensive but are typically all sold individually, and most sellers have minimum buys on the site. 5 minimum buys can easily get to the $50 range.
Plus theres only about 120 black torsos left, meaning only about 24 more Bomongas can be built with those parts. :woozy_face:

2 Likes

Actually, now that I thought about it, I’m hoping for Kualus to be gold now, so that his scarf doesn’t stick out as much.

Could have been better, could have been worse. Could have been avoided.

Hoping for a silver Pouks, a silver Kualus, Gaaki with a different mask and a fix to Bomonga’s limbs in the art now.

6 Likes