BIONICLE Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard, Part 2 (Art) + Part 1 Winners

The mask of Sensory Fitness is a known shape already, it’s shape is already canon.

1 Like

The mask of sensory aptitude have his canon draw, and all future art would just add to the gallery of that mask. The Faxon I’m not sure, but I think is similar enough when drawn, to be considered the same mask as Hahli.

All new shapes should end up as “unknown mask”, like the current Gaaki or Pouks masks.

I also will change Gaaki mask since the author requested it. I’ll give her a Great Elda, to have the form of a mask we already known and to maintain the aquatic vibe that the current one gives. As a headcanon, she will be honoring someone in Jovan’s team.

4 Likes

The Lego Magazine about the Inika, narrated by Hahli, said Hewkii was the only Toa of Stone in memory with an armor color scheme other than brown. That doesn’t mean much since the Inika team’s minds were wiped, but it might mean that gunmetal would be rare enough that Pouks would stand out?

In any case: I don’t think the metallic color is what makes the Hagah special, it’s that the armor is forged of precious metals. Theoretically, an ordinary Toa could be the same color, but it wouldn’t be made of the same metals. Maybe the Hagah’s armor is noticeably shinier?

6 Likes

Perp’s mask looks the best on @doni’s Gaaki imo

26 Likes

Gaaki in copper looks SICK!

3 Likes

What program did you use to recolor Gaaki? This copper color looks really smooth and natural.

5 Likes

Just for curiosity, did Perp give permission to use his masks design in the art portion?

7 Likes

Perhaps not directly, but permissions still would have been necessarily granted if those entries did win. Just as well with all other entrants, by entering in the first round they agreed to sharing their ideals, allowing for others to use such for the art portion of this contest.

But it is always polite to ask first anyways, just to be respectful. Good question.

4 Likes

You have my seal of approval (if Perp gives permission)

4 Likes

Made a picture of Bomongief

12 Likes

If Bomonga loses his spear and shield for some reason and is cornered by Rahkshi and seriously defeats his enemy this way, I will jump out of my chair in gladly-excitement. :stuck_out_tongue:

We need a BIONICLE-themed, SNK styled FTG……

1 Like

He could just grow giant and step on the rahkshi…

1 Like

That’s actually an idea I had for my upcoming art entry. The trouble is making a group shot that shows enough of their design that isn’t generic.

The edits are well done, but I still don’t care for either mask. I know Gaaki will have to get something new since Galva doesn’t want their mask used, but that one doesn’t do it for me. And I’m really hoping Pouks will keep his Kakama variant. It just suits him, imo.

4 Likes

Since we already know what Iruni and Norik look like, could one or both of them be depicted in Exo-Toa armor, even though it would slightly obscure their appearance?

No, no they can not.

2 Likes

Would this also apply to Kualus riding a rahi mount, like in P3rp’s entry?

That would be fine.

1 Like

Can they all be riding atop of Bomonga like he is some giant war-elephant that they ride into battle?

12 Likes