BIONICLE Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard

The ones called metallic, yeah. Not standard colors that are non-metallic.

2 Likes

Those were just there for comparison

:+1:

1 Like

What’s the point of requiring a comparison shot with Whenua and Iruini when the Hagah are required to be Metru builds?

1 Like

To prevent custom legs to be shorter than Whenua or taller than Iruini

1 Like

I’d assume at this scale and with this build anyone who wasn’t born yesterday can clearly estimate the height but eh w/e

2 Likes

It’s because when you don’t clearly outline boundaries, people will try to find ways to mess with things and disrupt things.

But sure, assume we’re idiots first. Appreciate it.

12 Likes

How long will this contest go on for?

1 Like

It’s in the opening post - until 11th june.

2 Likes

Ok thanks, must’ve missed that.

1 Like

If we are planning to make art, can we use someone else’s MOC in our own artwork provided they give consent to it?

Is it better to include all toa in a single topic, or to make a separate topic for each toa?

It has to be one topic; the rule got changed.

2 Likes

It was discussed a lot about metallic colors here, so I wanted to ask.
Are chromium colors allowed for MOCs (in studio too)? Like, they are metallic colours, but they are not the metallic colours that were ever used for any of Bionicle armor, I don’t know.

Hi. I wanted to build Bomonga but the thigh/bicep connector does not exist in black. Bomonga is supposedly built in a single color with added metallic armor, but this specific part does not exist in his specific color.
no black variant

Is it okay if my MOC has these parts in metru gray and the neck/hands/ankles in black? I could use the 2008 version of the connector piece which does exist in black but mine all broke soon after I unpacked the set it came in and I am not comfortable with bringing broken/fragile parts to a contest.

Something I’m wondering about - is it possible to give partial consent here? Like, I’d be fine with the spear tip of one of my entries being changed, but only if two (or more) Hagah end up with the same spear tip.

3 Likes

You could use the 2008-style ones, those came in black.

1 Like

Which are brittle just like all 2008 connectors and in my case broke a few days after buying the sets as a child. But I’ll consider it.

Not at this stage, no.

Yes.

That’s fine.

Yes, people have been doing that already.

3 Likes

I still think it should be mandated that artists can’t change the original design except in the interest of consistency, so they can’t just change things on a whim as you suggest.

Doing the above will hopefully encourage more people to give consent.

2 Likes

One thing to consider is that some people are only using certain pieces or designs because those are the only parts they have, rather than out of any creative intention.

Ultimately though, I agree that it would be best if changes were only made for consistency (which I suspect is what will happen anyways), just so voters are more sure of what they’re voting for.

4 Likes