BIONICLE Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard

If I were doing a MOC by hand I would think about it XD, but I’m using stud.io, so I’ll just pull the chests apart a bit.

1 Like

You don’t need a breakdown image if it’s an entry made in Stud.io. Instead, you will need to include the Stud.io file.

7 Likes

Here’s my entry lmL n.n

How do I add the file to my post? I only see a button for adding images.

1 Like

By uploading it to a file hosting service (like Dropbox or Google Drive) and linking that.

2 Likes

You have to post it here, not in this topic

1 Like

Hey yall! Long time lurker first time poster. I’m gonna try and throw my hat into this thing and just wanted to double check how much wiggle room we have as far as custom spear tips? Like do they have to be a single piece, or can they have multiple parts as long as they don’t get too big? Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, I skimmed through the topic but there’s a lot going on in here so I may have missed it somewhere.

7 Likes

Alright, my entry is in, wish me luck. Also, I wish everyone else luck as well!

Greetings, you have now entered the battle simulation. You may find yourself with lingering feelings of disorientation, nausea, and subliminal exhaustion. These effects will pass with time. Your success will be judged based on how long you survive without being flagged. Good luck, soldier.

I believe the admins have said that you can basically go ham the spearheads, as long as you stay within reason. If it can be counted as a polearm, I think you should be fine.

And hey, jokes aside, welcome!

7 Likes

Whether or not someone gives consent to having their moc modified will largely dictate whether or not it will place highly when it’s time to vote, me thinks.

1 Like

hey eljay or whomever from the ttv rule gods, if in addition to the 3 other permission things, if i use a bohrok shield as my chest armor, can i also give consent to the artists to change that to any other bohrok shield in the art portion if the artist feels that doing so would make them a more cohesive team?

1 Like

The only permissions that will be reflected are the three listed in this topic.

5 Likes

alright got it. thank you for clarifying

1 Like

So uh

With the Biocup starting I have to focus hard on my current builds and get them out of the way in time for it to occur

So no entry from me :c

4 Likes

I have a rules question for TTV.

For one of my designs, I want to use a Duplo “minifigure” tool as a spear tip, but there’s (obviously) no simple way to connect a Duplo part to a Technic axle.

Would I be allowed to use a 3d-printed/custom adapter piece on the grounds that it is part of the weapon?

Image (Adapter in pink for clarity):

1 Like

if i just throw iruni and whenua into my studio file, do i have to submit a picture with them next to my hagah still?

As long as you include a free link to download the piece, then that’s fine.

You will still need pictures.

5 Likes

alternatively you could use a 2L axle connector and a 2L pin connector.

1 Like

The pin connector is too narrow to grip the Duplo anti-stud.

A Duplo stud is 9.6 mm, while a pin connector is 7.8 (ish)

I could wrap a rubber band around it, but the anti-stud on that wand is pretty shallow.

1 Like

So, I just reread the rules, and it specifies a “single metallic color” for armor only. Does this mean the shield, spear tip, and mask can all be a different metallic color, or are those things included under “armor”? I know that masks can be any color, but I’m specifically talking about the spear tip and shield here.