BIONICLE Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard

please, get them to enter before the entry period ends.

3 Likes

So a question about the art entries, since a contestants art style won’t be up to exact proportions, will there be a recreation of the art entries in stud.io so voters know how they look physically?

Personally, I intend to judge art by the same criteria I have for mocs. I don’t care how beautifully it is drawn, I’ll judge it on the model itself, just like I won’t hold bad photography against a Moc.

Save the beauty factor for the final art.

9 Likes

Aw, I’m sorry. Did you get a Pouks and Gaaki done, or were Kualus and Bomonga the only ones you were planning on doing?

I’d imagine most people will base their recreations on the artwork, replicability of 3D pieces and color pieces nonwithstanding.

Eyyyy :partying_face:

Originally I was going to do all 4, but because of time, I decided to do the 2 designs that I liked the most.

I totally understand your point of view and I had even thought of removing the Kraahkans on my Bomonga at the beginning since I don’t own those pieces either. However, I decided to keep them because I’m planning to get 3D printed versions of the recolored pieces (not available in the mocs’ colors) that the winning mocs might have, including the Kraahkans. It’s not a perfect solution, but it’s much cheaper than getting the actual pieces.

1 Like

Yeah, they will (unless a terrible accident befalls them in the next 21 hours)

I wonder if (or when) someone wins all four, will we even have a final art stage?

I agree. Though based on prior contests, I think most people will vote for what looks cool overall rather than what designs look good in vitro. That was my main motivator for giving my entries official-looking backgrounds.

While I’m here, you guys can check out my Hagah which I just posted. Haven’t officially entered them yet just in case something warrants changing based on feedback.

3 Likes

I mean it would be neat to have him build the winning mocs to review but

I can’t say he’s much for accuracy, especially when it comes to the older dh and rahi builds or even builds like Miserix or Iron wolf.

He makes great reviews don’t get me wrong but he uses instructions that are partially old or just flat out inaccurate.

2 Likes

But on the newer TTV contest models they were accurate. But I can understand that the models have some inaccuracies.Edit: (Wrong letter on newer)

1 Like

Rearding the spear tip, does the rule:

Feature a single-ended spear (I.e. One blade/attachment on one end of the staff, like featured on Norik and Iruini). Cannot be substantially longer or shorter than the preexisting Hagah spears.

Mean that only a single piece can be used, or just that the spear ca have one pointy end that is allowed to be made from several pieces?

1 Like

Yes only one pointy end. But it can be made of multiple pieces

1 Like

It means don’t give a Hagah a Rahkshi staff.

1 Like

Also about this:

Have metallic armor placement that is in parity with the two preexisting Toa Hagah sets. This means the metallic armor is restricted to the feet, thighs, chest, shoulders, mask, shield, and spear tip.

Does it mean that every simgle piece that is utiized as spear tip must be in metallic colour, or can there be a piece in another colour, if metallic is not available, such as connectors?

1 Like

It should be primarily metal. Connectors should be fine

1 Like

Another question, are secondary accent colours OK?
Speifically purple in Bomonga, becase alleegdly he had some in the film.

These are all questions that have either been answered before here, or have been answered by previous entries. We encourage you to look at the entries that have been accepted to see what is and is not acceptable.

OK, thanks or the info.

Sorry for another late question, but I might be in a gray zone for one of my masks.

I’d like to use the G2 Mask of Water, but I’m working in stud.io and the G2 head isn’t available in it or the Biopack. Would it be acceptable to simply position the mask over a G1 Metru head in stud.io without any connections? If allowed, would this have any impact on my mask-change permissions?

(Alternately, it would also work if someone knows about a G2 head model, or perhaps a Mask of Water model that I could modify to attach to a G1 head)

EDIT: (Also, I still have 1:45 to submit, right?)

Lots of last minute entries! I predict that there’ll be exactly two more in the next 38 minutes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 28 days. New replies are no longer allowed.