BIONICLE Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard

gonna be honest, if it doesn’t look like the pieces could’ve fallen straight out of a canister, i’m not gonna vote for it.

very much

this man has all the good opinions

let’s shift away from this topic

4 Likes

Not what I said people got such a limited view of what staying within canon means. Look at Arthaka, Helryx, Nikila, Krakua, Iron wolf, any of the Dhs, any of the rahis or any of the canon combos. There is alot of stuff to take inspiraion from. Thinking that canon can only be canister sets is the same as shoting yourself in the knee. I never said canon was just canister sets and I’ve given a lot example earlier in this post for things to take inspiration from.

Edit: when I quoted you I read canister set clones however my point still stands.

I agree with your broader point, though you sort of contradicted yourself when you pointed out a lot are using the same masks. I forgot to mention earlier that I do think a lot of the physical MOCs will look similar at least in terms of mask choice, because there aren’t many metallic masks outside of painting.

While I’m on the subject, I’d encourage people to use the 2001 metallic masks for gunmetal and pearl gold substitutes. They’re decent enough if you don’t want to paint.

This is a very weird sentence when taken out of context.

It will, but I don’t think the Hagah leave much freedom for many different definitions. For the record, my definition comes down to set accuracy: single-piece or otherwise reasonably simple armour attachments and weapons. Though if someone made a complex shoulder design that could be turned into a good-looking 3D piece, I’d probably be down for that.

Y’know I’m beginning to consider whether we should allow people to include custom armour pieces as well as masks and spears. @Tarkur I’m more on your side of the fence, but I get where the others are coming from. If people are concerned that complex designs won’t get voted for because they’re too different from the simple style of Norik and Iruini, we should let them use / design new one-piece armours as well.

I hear you but this specific contest is going to be way more restrictive that’s just how the cookie crumbles. However what I’m arguing is more in general about these contest.

Mhm. Makes sense.

Which is what you just implied. We are discussing the Hagah, right?

2 Likes

I’m discussing the canon contests in general since, I don’t think the discussion was restricted to the Hagah contest. Because it has become such a general complaint against these contests.

Edit: It didn’t imply you should make clone sets, you can do plenty of stuff within canon

You should have defined that, then. If everyone here is discussing the hagah, then don’t start making points based off of the rest of the contest without saying so lol.

1 Like

No one deifned it as a general Hagah contest complaint though

This implies the Canon contest in general

this to

Also this

This

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 5.11.39 PM

please, someone, @Hazash or @ToaKebaka, or something, please, if you weren’t discussing the hagah contests, clarify for me. It’ll ease my sanity.

2 Likes

I’ve been talking about the Hagah contests except when I explicitly stated otherwise (I hope). But yeah, @Tarkur, I think the confusion has stemmed from the fact that this topic is meant to be Hagah-related.

Maybe someone can help me with a Greg quote on this, but I don’t think sets have ever been totally canonically binding. The Toa Nuva’s heights constantly changed, sometimes they have fingers and sometimes they don’t. That fact has helped me get used to the fact that non-purist MOCs keep winning or getting to the finals. That and the fact that only the artwork is canon.

That said, the Hagah are different because Norik and Iruini set a precedent for the rest of the team to look a certain way.

1 Like

This entire conversation stemmed from @Ghid’s inquiry about his Hagah entry. The topic doesn’t magically change because some people made a few general statements for hyperbole.

God, again with the personal insults.

2 Likes

For the record I read that as a joke and not an insult.

1 Like

So

It’s okay to express yourself like this?, I’m not trying to be rude, I’ve expressed myself very calmly today. Way more so than usual

that wasn’t a personal attack at all, and I don’t see how it’s being interpreted as one.

it is abundantly clear that this was added purely to be snarky and sarcastic

3 Likes

So implying that your sanity is taking a beating from having a conversation with me isn’t snarky?

I interpeted the conversation one way I argued for it I clarified from where I was coming from very calmly and you retaliated with saying your sanity was on the line

@Eljay Things are descending into chaos again pls help.

And while you’re here, how does this idea sound?

I don’t think this is controversial, though I’m mostly indifferent about whether it’s implemented. Just trying to be diplomatic based on the discussion above.

1 Like

No, that’s very snarky. Thank Ghid that’s not what I was implying.

My sanity was taking a beating when you told me I was posting in the wrong topic.

Nothing can stop the chaos. It will consume us all. There is nowhere to flee. Resistance is futile.

2 Likes

It’s not neccesary I’ll leave, I’m not welcome when I’m being unreasonable and apparently not when I’m being calm about stuff

Now you’re just being unnecessarily passive aggressive.

1 Like

Oh I get you. Your comment makes more sense now.

If we’re invoking Ghid’s name like a deity, things must really be dire.

2 Likes