BIONICLE Card Game

My friend is working on a Bionicle CCG. It’s based on Hearthstone, and just entered alpha. I believe its on a CBW blog at the moment.

http://custombionicle.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:ChineseLegolas/Bionicle:_CCG_released.

This is the guy I worked with.

It appears he has made quite a bit of progress without me.

Yup, that’s him. Forgive me for not knowing you were in on it too.

I was only really there at the beginning, so you are forgiven.

Yup, that’s me. :stuck_out_tongue: Long time no see, fangface/abstainer.

For users that are interested, I’ll give further details: It is indeed based off of Hearthstone, but there are no classes. Instead, elements replace the heroes and class cards, and dual-element decks are fully possible. Structures have also been added, as well as numerous different skills.

In this current Alpha, there are over 170 cards, all custom made.

Multiplayer capability.
No Mac support.
All players start with all cards available.
And the program I used is a bit like Dueling Network, where everything is done manually.

5 Likes

Can we play it yet?

You can but I’d wait for the tutorial videos on making a deck, rules, gameplay, etc. come out. I’m using a self-modified version of LackeyCCG, a really non-user-friendly program, so it can be confusing.

While you wait, look over the rules: Bionicle: CCG/Rules | Custom BIONICLE Wiki | Fandom

I use LackeyCCG fairly often! Should be pretty easy for me to use.

^Sweet. However, you won’t be downloading a plugin, you’re downloading an entire LackeyCCG file + the plugin. A bit inconvenient, but not everyone has Lackey already, and this way, I can lock the plugin from outside edits.

1 Like

i change my mind this is a good idea they can get a profecinal company to make the cards and then new fans will join bionicle espicaly collectors that are intrested

That’s probably not a good idea.

why not i took the time to write it explian urself

Copyright laws, the cost to actually get a company to print it, the lawsuit from Lego, legal fees, and potential jail time, to name a few. There is a reason it is a free download and not something that anyone needs to pay for.

people i mean lego y would why do this @ChineseLegolas how many times not me or anyone but lego do you know the company like what this guy said

lol out of context

Lego tried to make bionicle card games quite frequently. A list can be found here. http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Card_Games

1 Like

I agree with what everyone’s said above. It’s so, so important not to infringe copyright laws. In fact, it’s not just LEGO I have to be concerned about. Blizzard Entertainment, due to Hearthstone, and Synapticon, due to another game I partially based this on. And let’s not forget Lackey itself. Oh, and a couple of MOCs I asked from others.

Cost is another issue. Why pay when I’m good enough to make my own cards?

I have most of the videos complete. So, I’ll finally release the download link and links for the tutorial videos!

CCG: Bionicle: CCG/Repository | Custom BIONICLE Wiki | Fandom

Tutorial vids: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1_m19LQW9bBfAzoOo0dhpg

A word of warning: There is a preference bug in the CCG. I will release a new version that fixes it tomorrow.

(double post - fixed by Scarilian. Please check the rules about double posting)

2 Likes

Link to the wiki no longer works.

Okay, so I’m trying to fill in the gaps on BGG’s page for the Bionicle TCG.

and I wanted to ask if anyone remebers what languages they were released in? Other than English, and German (I think.).

Thanks guys.