Bionicle Fix

Hey guys, I got Tahu Master of fire as a present from my parents. After playing with it for a week, the friction ball joints have less friction and the arms go swaying everywhere when using the gear function. Can you help?

1 Like

just… cover it with something. Nail polish?

maybe the joints are about to break or something?

dunno

1 Like

Try taking apart his gearbox and reassembling it if that doesn’t work replace as many parts as you can.

2 Likes

Or you can call Lego customer service and try to order replacement parts. Fyi they are going to ask your home address and where you got it,and your name.

2 Likes

Cheap, clear nail polish is best. Some people say to use super glue. Super glue melts surfaces together. This dis-colours the plastic and ruins the finish on the plastic.

1 Like

Just to double check, on Tahu’s gearbox, did you put both small, gray gears onto the top?

Yes, I did. I am pretty sure his arms sway everywhere because of his fire swords. They add lots of weight to Tahu.

Not really my tahu has exemplary friction and I have had it for months. The swords don’t change much. If this were gali then you might have a point.

2 Likes

Could you post a picture of your Tahu by any chance?

1 Like

I just fiddled with my Tahu for a bit and got the same problem reassembling the gearbox fixed it though.

I could post a video with the gear function. Maybe observing how the gear function is now would help?

@coolio That would be great!