BIONICLE G1 Biology

Even outside of Metru Nui Matoran generally didn’t employ eating. They consider it disgusting, and instead they absorb energy directly from palantlife around
them.

1 Like

Something I’m curious about is how toa get mask powers once they become toa. A thought i had was that the masks already have the power but the matoran/turaga dont have the energy to use it but thats just my thought on it…any ideas?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it’s been confirmed that Matoran Kanohi have inactive powers and Turaga Kanohi have weaker powers. I suppose the energy that Toa are imbued with when they are created allows them to use their mask powers fully.

@legomaster1378 @ghostylemon48

Full version:

Matoran wear masks classified Powerless. They are designed with the powers of their specific kind in mind, for example a Powerless Kaukau is made with Regeneration, Shrink, and Remove Poison Kanoka, even if it doesn’t give the mask powers. Plus, even if a Matoran were to wear a Great Kanohi, they couldn’t use it due to lack of disciple, such as in Jaller’s case, where he wore Lhikan’s Great Hau up until his time in Karzahnii.

Toa wear masks classified Great. These have been enhanced with Toa Power and thus have expanded in both size and power, and with enough discipline, can be used for their respective abilities.

Turaga wear masks classified Noble. These aren’t Powerless, but are significantly weakened from their Great variation.

3 Likes

You know what was cool about Bionicle, was that is was about Robots living in an Organic looking landscape. That blends Science, Technology, Myth, and the real world elements, creating a huge supply of imagination.

2 Likes

HRRRRRNNNNNGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

7 Likes

They are technically robots dude. It’s more accurate than calling them cyborgs (which need an organic brain and at least 25% organic tissue.) because MUI are 80% robotic and 20% organic with a robotic brain. They are, very loosely, robots.

it’s sort of an inverse terminator,
instead of a robot covered in squishy bits, it’s a robot filled with them.

3 Likes

The term is ‘biomechanical’. Darth Vader has mostly mechanical body parts. Does that make him a robot, now?

Besides, the term ‘robot’ just doesn’t work for them, neither does cyborg – both of which only do what their programming tells them to. The inhabitants of the BIONICLE universe are very much alive.

1 Like

Cyborgs can have human minds. See Darth Vader.

1 Like

@Mist Robot…
#I don’t care.

Besides, I’m talking about what I thought of them as a kid, starting them off with no clue on backstory and such.

4 Likes

No, because Vader has an organic brain. As I clearly stated…

And, I also robots loosely describe them. They are obviously much more complex than that, and technically, we don’t know if they are indeed serving a programmable cause, or if they have free will.

Let’s not debate this on this topic, for the purposes of keeping it on track.

Also, adding onto my point, to be “alive” you need to be able to reproduce, and the MUI physically are incapable of reproduction. They may be sentient, but they are not really alive.

And, being a robot doesn’t technically mean that you aren’t alive, it just means you are a mechanical automaton. Artificial you may be, you can still be alive. It’d be a very complex process though.

Wait… Data was able to technically reproduce… Data is alive!

1 Like

You could always take this back to the Bionicle Biology topic :3

2 Likes

Oh, I’m sorry I didn’t see your comment =P

Yeah, you are correct, Darth Vader is a cyborg. However, Greg has stated that the MUI brains aren’t organic on the LMB. Honesty it all depends on who we’re talking about. The BMI are cyborgs because they are mostly organic with various enhancing implants, but the MUI are technically robots because they are mostly mechanical (brains included) with some organic structure.

1 Like

Do you have a link? Last I remember he said he wanted to leave it an open question.

1 Like

I asked him about it like, back in September. I don’t want to go hunting through that for a post I made with an account I can no longer access for no reason at all.

I might be remembering incorrectly however, because I can hardly remember what I had for breakfast.

1 Like

reffering to one of Bioraider’s comments about the whole cyborg thing… that brings up a big discussion… how exactly did bionicles… ya know… reproduce? and even if they couldn’t… how would they maintain existence as a race? I know that they’re some what immortal but still… it doesn’t make much sense…

but please try to stay on topic, I would appreciate maybe 7 or 8 more off topic posts but beyond that point, other members and myself will probably flag any off topic comments… thanks :slight_smile:

Well, to be clear, the MUI had no ability to reproduce.

As how they were maintained, the Red Star would reanimate all beings within the MUI. Basically, if you died, and your head was intact, your AI would be transferred to the Red Star, where a new body would be made and you would wait there until the Red Star sent you back to the MUI. Unfortunately, the Red Star broke at some point, and it has been unable to send dead beings back to the MUI. So, Lhikan, Sidorak, Two out of the three matoran Tuyet murdered, the several hundred dead toa from the many wars, and many many more, are currently still on the Red Star.

That’s the simplest way I could think of explaining it. If you have any further questions about this, we can take it over to the BIONICLE Biology topic. =D

3 Likes

@BioRaiders532 is both right and wrong. Yes, there was the red Star. However, Matoran could be produced, as in built, through means unknown. It actually says in BIONICLE World (the book) that, On Metru Nui, new Matoran could come into being, something that could not happen on Mata Nui. Plus, the RS kinda broke.

1 Like

I never said more matoran can’t be made, simply that MUI cannot reproduce. Being produced isn’t the same thing as being able to reproduce.

A car can be produced, but it cannot make more of itself. Only through an outside force, that is not the same “species” (In this case, robot arms) can a car be made.

Also, I was trying to make it simple =P

1 Like