BIONICLE G1 Biology

How ironic how, since we are not in school, all of a sudden we make topics that we’d discuss in school. :smiley:

2 Likes

Oh this topics been here a while now, I just decided to post again =D.

This would probably hold true, considering the organic spine and head. (The head was kinda organic right?) That, coupled with their increased strength and agility, I’d say they’re somewhere around 30-35% organic.

I mostly say it because unlike the Matoran races (Matoran, Toa, Turaga), they don’t just absorb energy – they eat. They also enjoy it because it disgusts the other races :stuck_out_tongue:

Shouldn’t the field of Biotechnology be accounted for when studying MU inhabitants?

1 Like

Yeah, it should be. I’m going to have to do some pretty extensive research into lots of fields of science, but it should be worth it =D

The Matoran and other races are also capable of eating like Skakdi do, they just don’t because directly absorbing energy is more efficient and they culturally consider eating disgusting. Skakdi do it because, as mentioned before, they enjoy that it disgusts the others, and probably also because having something to physically chew on and eat is made more attractive to them by their violent nature.

Glad to see his topic being used again! I would love to help with anything @BioRaiders532, just let me know. I’ll be keeping up with this topic now that it’s active again.

4 Likes

Oh, I know – and that’s apparent with things such as Ga-Matoran fisherwomen and Le-Matoran hunters, but still. I don’t think Skakdi are even capable of eating. That is, unless the only reason they don’t go to a charging station other than because they enjoy the violent act of chewing is that their society is so primitive.

I don’t think anybody goes to a charging station in the MU. It’s one of the reasons we previously discussed the masks being some sort of power converter, taking energy from the outside and transforming it to usable energy.

Well, uh, this page here suggests that there is indeed some sort of location Matoran must go to recharge.

2 Likes

Huh. Well, then that brings up the question as to how they survived in places (mata nui for example) without a feeding point? I’m pretty sure Karda Nui doesn’t have one, and Voya and Mahri Nui don’t have one either.

1 Like

I have an answer! Haha alright, being such a Bionicle buff and geek on everything about them, there is a solution to this. You’ve gotta take everything in context. Somewhere, I don’t remember where, I’m sorry, but it was on BS01, there is mentioned that Matoran can absorb energy through their hands from organic sources of energy, such as trees and other plants and such. While @Nyran brings up a valid point that on that page it does mention the feeding place where Matoran “reported once a year to recharge their energy,” it doesn’t say that’s the only way for them to get energy. Since we know they can get energy from plant life and such, and since we know Metru Nui is a cityscape, it’s simple reasoning to understand that they created the recharge plant to use in the absence of an abundance of plants and other things to draw energy from. Additionally, let’s not jump to the conclusion that they only need to recharge once a year. When they go to that station they don’t need to return for a year, but when they draw different amounts of energy from different sources (plants etc) then they may need to recharge sooner, as it’s highly likely that Metru Nui employed the most efficient energy disposal system available, which would have probably worked better than simpler methods of energy absorption, through plants and such.

2 Likes

I’m assuming they just went the food route on places other than Metru Nui. On Karda Nui, since it’s the core of the universe, maybe it’s so filled with energy that they don’t even need one?

1 Like

There are light vines that reside in Karda Nui. That would most likely be a source of energy for the villagers.

2 Likes

Even outside of Metru Nui Matoran generally didn’t employ eating. They consider it disgusting, and instead they absorb energy directly from palantlife around
them.

1 Like

Something I’m curious about is how toa get mask powers once they become toa. A thought i had was that the masks already have the power but the matoran/turaga dont have the energy to use it but thats just my thought on it…any ideas?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it’s been confirmed that Matoran Kanohi have inactive powers and Turaga Kanohi have weaker powers. I suppose the energy that Toa are imbued with when they are created allows them to use their mask powers fully.

@legomaster1378 @ghostylemon48

Full version:

Matoran wear masks classified Powerless. They are designed with the powers of their specific kind in mind, for example a Powerless Kaukau is made with Regeneration, Shrink, and Remove Poison Kanoka, even if it doesn’t give the mask powers. Plus, even if a Matoran were to wear a Great Kanohi, they couldn’t use it due to lack of disciple, such as in Jaller’s case, where he wore Lhikan’s Great Hau up until his time in Karzahnii.

Toa wear masks classified Great. These have been enhanced with Toa Power and thus have expanded in both size and power, and with enough discipline, can be used for their respective abilities.

Turaga wear masks classified Noble. These aren’t Powerless, but are significantly weakened from their Great variation.

3 Likes

You know what was cool about Bionicle, was that is was about Robots living in an Organic looking landscape. That blends Science, Technology, Myth, and the real world elements, creating a huge supply of imagination.

2 Likes

HRRRRRNNNNNGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

7 Likes

They are technically robots dude. It’s more accurate than calling them cyborgs (which need an organic brain and at least 25% organic tissue.) because MUI are 80% robotic and 20% organic with a robotic brain. They are, very loosely, robots.