BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

We can just move on from that talking point…
You don’t have to commit to it…

5 Likes

I’m not arguing for anything, there is no point. I made a prediction and people were confused so I elaborated on what I meant.

What does this even mean? Are you saying that you would argue that the winning Helryx MOC is “NSFW” in some way?

1 Like

What they mean is that someone can make sussy art out of any character if they have the desire to

I think there is some truth to what Tarkur said though.

Anyway…

6 Likes

it’s what I meant.

Anyway, this is an appearance contest.
If it means that people expect a feminine appearance for Lariska, I agree.just I’m flustered to hear that ‘NSFW-able’
I don’t know how to accept it.

3 Likes

Posted this inorganic suletu 3d model here previously:

well I finally have an update to share:

8 Likes

I think your model is missing the crest and chin of the mask, but that just my personal taste.

It’s still wip, so those will probably be added with v.3 unless you mean the scales

it seems short? how does it look on a mata/metru head/build?

I haven’t tried exporting it to stud.io yet but I’ve based it on the actual suletu piece so it should be accurately measured in milimeters

Edit:

Here the mask is in stud.io still wip but works for both head types

8 Likes

I wouldn’t necessarily make this assumption. There’s a limit to the extent to which a Matoran’s physiology can change upon turning into a Toa:

Oh, yeah, for sure.

I’m not saying it’s vague whether or not she’s “Toa-sized”, I’m saying that that definition still has some wiggle room.

3 Likes

Perhaps the largest toa is Takanuva, and the smallest toa is Takanuva.

hey! It’s the same person!
Therefore, all sizes will be allowed.

/s

6 Likes

What does NSFW stand for?

Not safe for work

Was does that mean?

From Wikipedia:

summary

" Not safe for work ( NSFW ) is Internet slangor [shorthand used to mark links to content, videos or website pages the viewer may not wish to be seen looking at in a public, formal or controlled environment. The marked content may contain[nudity, intense sexuality), political incorrectness, profanity, slurs, violence or other potentially disturbing subject matter. Environments that may be problematic include workplaces, schools, and family settings NSFW has particular relevance for people trying to make personal use of the Internet at workplaces or schools which have policies prohibiting access to sexual and graphic subject matter.Conversely, safe for work ( SFW ) is used for links that do not contain such material, but where the title might otherwise lead people to think that content is NSFW."

Oh I see thanks

I don’t see the problem with lariska mimicking a female body though. Now iam not saying she should have massive nuva boobs or anything like that. But for me at least if the moc has feminine proportions then I say it’s a good thing.

5 Likes

There is no problem with Lariska mimicking a female body, though

Female proportions and NSWF art isn’t the same thing. However the drive to make NSFW art of a entry may affect how people vote.

2 Likes

The problem with Lariska “mimicking” a (stereotypical) female body is that there’s no reason for it. Women in BIONICLE do not have proportions that match those of a stereotypical real-life woman. They do not have breasts, they do not have butts, they don’t have hourglass figures or thick thighs. The only thing that making a “female-looking” Lariska shows is that the MOCist considers the stereotypical male body - long legs, broad shoulders, rectangular torso - to be “default”, and that “female” is a modifier on that body. BIONICLE does not have sexual dimorphism like real life does, and, most of the time, you cannot ascertain a gender just by sight inside the Matoran universe - the only thing gender affects is a being’s voice.

9 Likes

Watch out, using logic doesn’t work here for the people who just want to make every female in Bionicle look a certain type of way

4 Likes