BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

Got it, my bad. Thanks for clarifying, my head is clouded today.

3 Likes

Can a breakdown / tutorial video suffice as a stand in for breakdown photos or would it only be considered supplemental?

A side effect of prolonged use of the kanohi Miru?

7 Likes

@Eljay quick question regarding rule 8a.

Would my entry be disqualified if I had sanded down half a stud of an axle purely out of aesthetic preference? As in, it is not at all necessary to the build mechanically, but I did it anyways because the exposed axle irked me?

3 Likes

Yes, it would be.

2 Likes

Alright, thanks for letting me know!

-sighs in relief because I didn’t prematurely sand down any of my black 2Ls-

3 Likes

Helryx Canister Design Kickoff

Hey all! I have officially begun work on my Helryx canister design! I have started a topic for it: Helryx Canister Design. I’d love for you all to check it out!

I’ve just started off with some basic sketches:

I’m wanting to go with an ‘old-skool’ canister look, something from the likes of 2001-03. Obviously far from flushed out yet, been mostly working on the lid.

I personally have my own thoughts about these designs but will keep them to myself for the moment - I want to hear yours! I really want community involvement/opinions to help make this the best it can possibly be. So please, comment, critique, criticize, and ask away! I’m looking to solicit as much feedback as possible while I keep sketching. Hoping to post again after another round of sketching (maybe 5ish days?)

HM

11 Likes

@Eljay

I have a question regarding my entry regarding the hammer and possibly the color scheme.

Most importantly with the hammer, I’ve had a few comments pointing out how it sags, which I did not pick up on until it was pointed out to me. After thinking it over, I’m a bit nervous if that could eventually break, whether it be for display or pictures. I’ve also had several suggestions I change this to avoid potential damage, although I am unsure if I can do that as my entry has now been listed in the list of entries.

So I guess what I’m trying to ask is if it is too late to make any sort of changes to the MOC, especially given how I did not percieve this flaw with the hammer. I don’t want to try to change things and end up voiding my entry for any alterations if they are not allowed.

In that same vein, I feel as though I have misunderstood the rule about the 60% green. A part of me feels I have maybe over done it with the green. With that said, if I am allowed to change the hammer, could I possibly also try to redistribute the green on the MOC?

If none of this is possible, I will leave my entry as it is and make no alterations to my entry to to the entry post.

1 Like

Probably shouldn’t advertise in this channel; the topic you made for it is fine

3 Likes

I mean, I can’t speak on the hammer, but the 60% is a minimum, not a maximum. You can have as much extra green as you like.

1 Like

When we get to the polls and all the artakha’s get split into different groups, are they going to be randomized or are they being divided by chronological order of when the entries were uploaded?

The entry is considered entered. You are free to make any modifications you want to it, but do not update the post with them.

Last time we just did it by chronological order of entry, which was the most straight forward and time efficient means to do that because of the amount of entries. I’m not sure if we plan on doing it differently as of now.

2 Likes

I think some random seeding would be nice. I haven’t been impressed by most entries so far, but so far one or two polls would be filled by the current entries, while if a number of really good entries are dropped in last minute few of them would have a chance due to chronological bracketing.

Or maybe it would be better to have separate polls for early-contest and late-contest styles. IDK.

4 Likes

Remember, good is a relative term!

As for the contest ordering, I can see the merits of both chronological and randomized. I think it would ultimately hinge on the total number of entries we get. Don’t think we’ll have nearly as many as Helryx!

-Solaris Magnus

I see. Very well then. So in other words, this particular entry is locked as is, and I would assume making such edits would result in disqualification.

Okay, fair enough. In that case, I’ll leave the entry post alone.

A question for Eljay: Is translucent green or translucent lime green allowed as a primary colour or secondary colour?

No. We’re being lenient on highlights, but that’s it. Keep in mind, unless you already have sand green as a color on the MOC, you have to stick to one shade of green.

Accurate representation of every mocist on the boards trying to figure out a new way to name their entry “Artakha the Creator” without copying someone else:

Guilty as charged.

25 Likes

lol yes :laughing:

4 Likes

Regret of starting this off with “The Creator” intensifies

-Solaris Magnus

1 Like

Although, how many of them do you think is actually using a thesaurus?

2 Likes