BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

Even if the shields are different on the moc, they’ll be the same as norik and iruini on the art.

*Hopefully

That’s what we’re proposing right now, but it’s not official.

Way back Eljay did say that the art would beed to have the actual Hagah shield, and that the MOC is fine using a placeholder. (Although I don’t know if that still stands.)

I know. Doesn’t affect my voting preferences. I’d rather have the MoC look as canon as possible (even though I’m fully aware it’s not), rather than just have it be easy to replicate at the cost of accuracy.

But I’ll clarify that I’m just referring to my own tastes in voting, here - I don’t think the rules should necessarily be geared to reflect the sentiment I’ve just expressed.

1 Like

I, uh, literally said that same thing, ten posts ago

To each their own; I’ll be voting for my favorite moc, and acknowledging the shield as the placeholder that it is.
Actually, I’d argue that mocs should be allowed to leave off the shield entirely, by the same logic that Artakha/Hoseryx mocs were allowed to not even include a mask. Especially since we already know what it will look like.

1 Like

I know they do that when a set includes an incorrect or a different piece, I remember my Matoro Inika had a correction note because he included a different axle piece used in the Zamor launcher.

1 Like

Will the entries be for each Toa or the entire team? If it is the latter, the design could work in pairs (like Norik and Iruini), and that way the shields could be differents (but similar), without breaking the team aspect.

It would be interesting if they are different as the Toa Nuva, someone with a hump and someone with an inverted torso.

Thankfully, they’re almost certainly going to to allow people to submit at least one instead of requiring them to build and submit all four. Otherwise, you’ll have people deciding between which combo they can tolerate the most. It’s impossible for one person to have the best representation of four characters.

Part of the reason why I proposed brickbuilt shields earlier is to appease purists who really don’t want painted pieces to win. There’s a pretty good chance the shield will be changed into a normal hagah shield in the artwork.

Won’t the way people vote be influenced by what the rest of the Hagah look like? Imagine getting 5/6 looking super purist and then people vote in some super eccentric build for Bomonga in the final poll, and he doesn’t match the others at all.

Yes? Isn’t that the point of having them separately, so that people can pick and choose the ones that look best together?

While this could theoretically happen, you also have to remember that it’s the exact same people voting in all four contests (more or less); people’s priorities and preferences should remain mostly the same for all four.

But for knowing how they will look together, you should know which one of each win. Will the contest run separately (one month Bomonga, the next Gaaki, and so on)?

If not, maybe the one you think that will win, won’t. And then you don’t have that coesive looks for the team. Now, since they probably will be clone sets, is hard to that to happend.

1 Like

Question: Are gold Kualus and Gaaki ok or would bronze a better option?

I imagine that gold Kualus and Gaaki would be allowed (that’s just my prediction; It hasn’t been confirmed yet), but a lot of people, including myself, would rather them not have those colors.

2 Likes

Personally it wouldn’t bother me if it was done well

I see no problem in it. My own Gaaki version has gold armor. Those colors are not prohibited by canon, so why not? If we have Av-Matoran who can be of any color they want, then why regular Toa can’t?

Gold + white and gold + blue are the colors for Light and Psionics, respectively. Doesn’t seem like a good idea to create that confusion if you have the choice. I would go with bronze on Gaaki because bronze would contrast well with her blue, and Kualus can probably rock most metallic colors.

2 Likes

I understand the issue with Kualus because of Takanuva but to me, for Psionics I imagine more of a pearl gold. I think a flat dark gold wouldn’t really give the issue for Psionics. But thats just my opinion

I’m pretty sure they’re going to be allowed. It would be nice to continue the correlation between the spinner and armor’s metallic colors.
RahagaIruini Iruini_Action

For example, both Iruini’s spinner and armor were gold. Since Gaaki has a silver spinner, I think it’s obvious she would have silver armor, especially since the only dark blue spinner out there has silver gradients. The same argument applies for Bomonga’s dark grey spinner, although I doubt any of this will be reinforced.
RahagaGaaki

7 Likes

I agree strongly with this, although I don’t think it should be mandated.

3 Likes

What would people like to see on Zaria, orde and charia Mocs.

1 Like