BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

Orde should absolutely not have the Sanok because it makes no sense. Unless maybe he has a ranged weapon.

This is my objective opinion and anyone who disagrees with me is wrong.

8 Likes

COrdeak Blaster.

2 Likes

I only say this because it’s how I envisioned her, since she was related to the Metru era in the serials she appeared in.

Inika build is good, you guys are just mean.

3 Likes

Here’s my three cents on the inika build: it’s fine for sets, but we as moccists can be so much more creative. I’d rather say Orde, for example, have a cool custom build, rathe then just a rearmored Tarix.

5 Likes

Unpopular opinion: Most of the time being so much more creative is just doing what the Inika build does, with more parts.

1 Like

Because of my stance against fanfiction pieces, I feel I have to clear up this misconception caused by over ten years of fanfiction and unanalyzed personal preference:

My guys… the Mahri masks (AND Inika masks for that matter) are the standard designs. That’s not just me saying that (although to be perfectly clear, I am absolutely saying this), that’s TTV saying that:

["In Greg’s mind, there isn’t a meaningful difference in appearance between Inika masks; they were not “mutated” in design to look different, only the material the masks were made out of changed. As such, we feel it’s completely fine to allow for the Inika masks to be included as it’s completely possible that any Hagah could wear such a mask. Unfortunately, by this same logic, any fan-made “inorganic” Inika masks or custom altered Mahri masks (which we’re about to get to) created by the 3D modeling community would NOT be up for canonization, as these masks don’t fit Greg’s prior specification of what the masks would look like when worn by other Toa. It’s the pieces released in the sets or bust I’m afraid.

“Finally, in reference to the Mahri masks and the “breathing tube” discussion, our official stance on the issue (based off Greg’s wording in numerous answer) is that there is no design difference in the masks worn by the Toa Mahri and the “normal” versions of the masks,with the exception of breathing tubes and visors. The following quotes serve as our evidence for this, and although plenty of people have presented possible alternate ways to interpret Greg’s words, we feel that when taken in aggregate, these quotes paint a fairly clear vision of the intent of his words…”](Toa Hagah Canon Contest Survey and Final Q&A - #371 by Mesonak)

All the fanfiction pieces that claim they’re “standard versions” are just that: fanfiction. And, if a fanfiction piece is canonized as a pre-existing mask (such as in the case of Chiara’s Volitak), that won’t be the supposed “standard design,” it will be a variant, like Lhikan’s Hau.

Moreover, Nidhiki wears a green* Volitak mostly identical to Nuparu’s (or in other words, identical to Mazeka’s).

I’m pointing out this particular instance because it’s abundantly clear that Greg had a canon appearance for Nidhiki’s mask in mind, and I can’t see the TTV that made the above quote telling people to go ham in that department. Begrudgingly however, I can see them saying that for basically the rest of the contests.

*Of course, I’m perfectly fine if there’s a ruling similar to the Hagah where the MOCs can be entered wearing a silver mask, but the final art must change it to green.

1000% this. In theory, I don’t necessarily have a problem with Orde wearing a Sanok, but doing it just because someone else did it? Nah, not here for it. I know the rationalization is that the Sanok looks like it has a “brain” design or whatever on it, but that’s not good enough a reason for me.

Personally, that design always reminded me of a tire tread :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You know they went back on that post, right?

8 Likes

you are objective wrong

you are objectively right

1 Like

No, u. Long live the efficiency of those pieces

2 Likes

long live the broken and worn sockets

long live the custom limbs that accomplish the same purpose
also the vahki hip is infinitely superior fight me

2 Likes

Just WHY

I … I think I love you.

2 Likes

Because he isn’t. Greg literally said multiple times that he has no silver.

My reason is because I like BCs version. It has a nice design.

Yes that is somewhat true but,
according to BS01:

It allows its user to turn virtually any inanimate object into a projectile weapon and hit almost any target they aim for.[1] For example, a blade of grass could be thrown to cut a chain.
so anything can be thrown with it.

3 Likes

Can you link that quote? It would be weird if there is no silver since mutated Nidhiki has a lot of silver parts.

1 Like

Here are two

Literally every character mutated by roodaka has silver in some way.

2 Likes

Imagine using more pieces when 1 single piece does the job just fine.

This post was made by the Inika Build Gang.

3 Likes

Artakha can’t

In all honesty, Inika build is objectively the worst prefab build because every other build has the option of gear functions.

Orde has literal telekinesis. He doesn’t even need to aim to hit anything.

The only scenario where accuracy makes sense is if something is moving too fast for him to control, or if it’s energy and thus maybe can’t be telekineted. Hence why he should not have a Sanok.

also you couldn’t cut a chain with a grass no matter how accurate you are.

3 Likes

Artakha needs to work smarter, not harder, then.

1 Like

Yes but thats canon. (Somehow… maybe because its a different universe with different laws of nature)
And that was supposed to show that it has great strength. More than a hurricane.

It doesn’t use telekinesis. And is always on on a low level. It could be an impulse throw and he would hit and injure the target. With telekinesis he would have to concentrate.

1 Like