BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

Here. I already posted pictures for these on each poll.

And here’s reference for the masks. The dark grey one belongs to Pouks.

3 Likes

Okay I admit those are pretty cool looking. I’ll have to find the image of Bomonga if there is one as well.

Here’s the whole team.

3 Likes

Nice I really think his Bomonga and Pouks will win.

If nothing else, I really want his Kualus to win.

2 Likes

Both the color scheme and the actual design of the MOC could use some refinement imo, but something like this would be cool. (I’m really hoping the MOCist reenters this for Tuyet’s contest).

They made a handful of copper pieces, notably these masks, but not much else besides, unfortunately. Ironically, the Kualus I entered for the contest was copper.

1 Like

I like the ideas you’ve mentioned, purple would be unique.
After seeing @KanohiReqi’s imagining, I think glow in the dark blue could be a fun idea if one was to use Takadox’s parts. Also the bright blue used in several Hero factory sets would go well with that.

Definitely Metru Blue and Black as a base however.

1 Like

Sand blue?

2 Likes

Honestly, I’m really open to every any blue color, but I do think that metru blue would make her look better next to Lhikan, and would difference her from Helryx. Maybe something like medium blue as a primary color would be too clear for a Toa of water. I don’t think she need to have a metallic armor, but anything but gold should work fine (maybe metal blue).

Not really sure about the purple part. It would depend on the MOC. Same with the secondary color and if done well, she could even have a third blue tone.

One thing that would be handy would be the mask been blue, so one could paint it with the same paint than Helryx’s mask.

Would that boob armor be allowed now? It could be considered a sexualitation of the character.

2 Likes

I’m actually pretty satisfied with the final batch of contenders. Not all my favorites made it, but I think I’d be happy with any of the Kualuses or Bomongas that survived to this point especially.

If anyone got the short end of the stick, I’m a little disappointed with the final Gaakis we got. They’re all a little plain imo, but I think a nicely drawn new mask could compensate for that.

Congrats to everyone who made it to the finals! Looking forward to seeing some great artwork soon.

3 Likes

It was allowed for Helryx.

As far as I know, it will not be allowed in next contest

Gigabomonga made it to the finals. Nice. Best of luck to everyone!!

Yes this is definitely what I would like her to be.
I‘ve given mine, I think, about three colors. Metru blue, takadox blue (due to @KanohiReqi ‘s design having takadox heads and me borrowing that) and purple. Plus gunmetal (and some silver). I might have chosen to use to many but I think it still works.

4 Likes

maybe…Sand Blue will be good second color.
well…I think many people will choose red eyes, dark blue, and gunmetal to make Tuyet look evil.

it’s okay. It’ll go with dark blue,
But technic and bionicle have extremely few purple color parts. even more(less?? poor english,) than turquoise.
so I don’t know how many good combinations there will be.

1 Like

Everything was allowed for Helryx, they literally didn’t have rules and the amazing trainwreck that followed was largely because of that.

Rules were instituted for Artakha, and have been refined and added-to where appropriate. Most recently, and probably in response to some of the entries they got for Gaaki, builds that would potentially be sexualised, including Nuvaboobs, have been banned for all future contests.

6 Likes

I’ll give you a quick tip.

The reason Eljay hasn’t responded to you and your prior question of how badly you’ve gotten on his nerves is because that’s a ridiculous thing for him to respond to, and I don’t think asking him any more is going to have any effect other than annoying him. He saw your question.

Honestly, it’s impressive we got what we did out of that. I agree with Eljay that the Tuyet contest will undoubtedly not only be a return to form, but the penultimate example of how the contests should operate and the community’s preference on their form and function - every contest thus far has seen a steady jump in activity, with a notable difference in Helryx v Artakha and a huge difference between Artakha v Hagah. The popularity of the contests is increasing immensely, and Tuyet, with stricter entry rules and more efficient moderation, should be the best contest so far.

And now it’s time for me to eat a little delicious crow and say that more efficient moderation is absolutely the way to go, and under such I would have absolutely gotten my rear handed to me on a silver platter. In this topic (and other related to it) I’ve been very immature in my dealings and I apologize, both to staff and to everyone else involved. I went about defending my opinion with the utmost disregard for board rules, and it would have not only been justified to have reprimanded me for such behavior, but it is only by Eljay’s good graces that I was not.

That, I think, is another part of the problem - where are all the board moderators? Why is Eljay doing this pretty much alone?

6 Likes

That’s one of the things I’d hope would be refined were that MOC to be reentered. Not a fan of it personally, although it is comparatively not as egregious as what other MOCs have done.

For future reference, I’m also hoping the arms will be made to be symmetrical, and the silver will be replaced with a non-metallic color. The weapons as well would probably have to be changed to more resemble a “Barbed Broadsword,” but that probably went without saying.

I’m definitely expecting a lot of red and orange-eyed Tuyets. I purposefully avoided those colors in making mine.

Agreed. In the sliding scale that is these contests, Tuyet is definitely the mean between comparatively “simple” builds like the Hagah, and big and complex builds like Artakha, the GSB, and Marendar. It’s the same space occupied by Helryx, and about 90% of the remaining contests.

2 Likes

I don’t remeber how where the rules for Helryx, but for Tuyet contest should be mandated the use of only existing pieces (with expetion of the mask and maybe the weapon). That means no recolor pieces. It was fine for Artakha and the Hagah, but there are more than enough blue pieces to make a MOC without requiering painting.

1 Like

This is true, but there are some people that want to go the extra mile. Some people want to paint pieces for the sake of painting pieces, to produce a result that can’t be achieved with official colors. Sure, you can make a Toa of Water that looks “good” using official pieces, but to restrict people from building their MOCs they way they want is just as bad as trying to, say, require people to paint pieces for Lariska.

5 Likes