BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

I didn’t ever remember a Makuta impersonating Tuyet, so I went back to Dark Mirror to see where the broadsword was mentioned:

Takanuva, Takua, and Turaga Dume walked in single file to the depths of the Archives, followed by the silent Toa Tuyet. The ruler of the Toa Empire had not spoken a word since capturing the three of them, simply gestured with her Barbed Broadsword for them to get moving.

Unless I missed something, a Makuta never impersonated Tuyet, and it was actually her wielding the sword anyway.

I agree, but if the discussion is whether this is something that should be mandated, it’s something that should have a definite answer to justify that. If not, then let people use a sword or not if they want to. As you said, “we’ll be deciding the canon for ourselves with this contest.”

Keep reading that chapter.

5 Likes

Takanuva turned around, but Tuyet was no longer there. Standing in her place was another Makuta, this one wearing a scarred and pitted Kanohi Hau. When he spoke, it was in the familiar, grating voice of the Makuta of Metru Nui.
“A simple strategy,” he said. “Tuyet has left us little choice but to use our shapeshifting powers when we venture out. Even then, we were captured, just as we have captured you.”

My mistake for simply skimming, although it would’ve been appreciated if it was directly quoted in the first place.

But still, it’s irrelevant. Even if actual Tuyet had a Broadsword in this AU doesn’t mean prime Tuyet also did, which is the point.

All I’m saying is let people decide themselves whether to include it or not in their entries.

I personally think it’s extremely likely that her Toa tool in the prime universe was a barbed broadsword, but at the same time, she doesn’t really seem to carry it much. IMO it should definitely be allowed, but not required.

not that a weaponless tuyet is going to win anyway

6 Likes

What I am about to say I mean respectfully but I know tone is hard to infer over text but…

If you aren’t deeply familiar with the lore, then perhaps it is not the best to be the one to try to make mandates for it and leave it to those who have a better understanding.

That being said, I encourage all who vote to do their own readings of the characters in every contest. Really helps create your own mental image and makes the voting process more enjoyable.
It makes it feel more like a character contest rather than a MOC contest.

2 Likes

I do not think you mean this respectfully and I do take offense to it. I am very much familiar with the lore. I’ve written topics on Protodermis, Toa Armor, and more. The problem is that I fell out of reading fiction (not just Bionicle) many years ago, so there are gaps in my knowledge on certain story details, especially later years, such as from the online serials like Dark Mirror. Whenever that happens, I just reference BS01 when needed.

Second, I literally just said I am for not mandating anything with regards to the sword, either having it or not. You are either not listening to what I am saying or purposefully twisting my words.

1 Like

Please I really did not mean it that way. The Bionicle Lore is pretty expanded upon at this point. I’m not saying you don’t have any knowledge on the subject, but its hard to be a spit fire on every category. Sometimes ya just gotta own up when theres parts we’re a lil grey on. I know I certainly have spots in the lore I could go for refreshers on. Its not an insult, just an acknowledgement of knowing our limits on certain topics

2 Likes

Now, I know this might a controversial take…

But I think Tuyet should be blue.

9 Likes

I’m not sure why everyone’s jumping on me so hard about this. The question was to see where people’s opinions are at, and I gave my opinion. I’m not trying to claim that my opinion is objectively correct, or even try to convince anyone to switch to my belief: someone wanted to see what the general consensus was, and I helped out.

For every picture you guys show me of a Toa with metallic colours, I can show you a Toa that doesn’t have metallic colours; both options are completely valid, and I don’t think it should be that controversial of a statement to say “I don’t want Tuyet to have certain colours”.

Believe me, I’ve really started to notice that I might not have the same tastes in colour as everyone else, even before every creative attempt I’ve shared here gets raked over the coals for the colour scheme. However, I don’t think that means I deserve to be insulted for sharing my thoughts, and it definitely doesn’t mean that you guys can intentionally misrepresent my argument just because you disagree with one of my other opinions:

(Also, yeah; I’m not going to take constructive criticism on the single aspect of the design that was my entire motivation to build it in the first place. If I’m going to abandon that, I’d rather just see what other people have.)

2 Likes

You sir will be drawn and quartered; implying that a blue toa should be blue is worthy of death and your opinion has shattered my soul and destroyed my resolve and I will now go cry into my shrine of three galidor pieces and a broken gavla mask

(this is sarcasm. but I do have a broken gavla mask)

6 Likes

Greg stated that Tuyet’s weapon would be revealed in the story serials.

There is a 99.815% likelihood that he intended Tuyet - prime, alternate, and composite, every Tuyet – to wield a Barbed Broadsword.

10 Likes

I’m thinking of having Tuyet with a metru blue and black colorscheme, what do you guys think?

6 Likes

oh my goshness you guys

can we not?

also what is this word? Could’ve sworn is was spelled with an f but Ghid never makes typos. Someone please tell me

2 Likes

It should be Faux.

2 Likes

Daring today aren’t we?

(Though I’m leaning on a darker color scheme too)

3 Likes

You are correct, that was my cajun goofin on me

1 Like

yes it’s faux not pheaux but the original author’s literary decisions must be honored in further transcripts of the piece

for ghid it was a bit of a pheaux pas

alright guys I think I’ve figured out what Tuyet’s color scheme should be

black/dark bluish black with metallic black highlights

Tuyet is the first goth toa of water

5 Likes

I don’t recall but, is it established that the characters of the Toa Empire Universe look different from their main universe counterpart? I always imagined the Toa Mata looking the same but with and evil beard
Tahu

If so, I think it is likely that prime Tuyet have the same weapon than empress Tuyet.

10 Likes

"I come from the darkest timeline, where everyone wears a mustache and goatee."

• Community probably, I don’t remember the exact quote
2 Likes

Tahu with a balbo and a midwestern american accent talking about how he broke your bicycle and enjoyed every second of it

The evilest timeline

6 Likes