BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

No, it’s not very important, but it would be nice to have.

I personally don’t care about it very much, but other people do. I was just curious. As for how good it looks? that’s up to personal opinion. I plan on using the nuva chest piece in gunmetal for the Tuyet contest, if I do enter.

A lot people seem to be misinterpreting @Willess12’s statement. They didn’t say that it was impossible to attach nuva armor to a Metru torso. They said it was impossible to attach nuva amor while retaining the gear function.

That is correct.

4 Likes

Yes it would. Build refers to the Metru torso. There is literally nothing else that defines a Metru build. Otherwise, there’s bugger all that actually decides the build. The Inika build shares the same legs, so limbs don’t really define the build here.

4 Likes

To TTV Cast:
You said several times that rules for the Hagah contest are not written and that those rules should be defined with participation of comunity. So, I propose (I hope this is the right word) to make a poll for rules, where comunity can decide which variant of a rule is better. It would be a two-way street: you (Cast) can define which rules you can implement in contests and comunity can decide which rules from the given ones are better. There might be rules such as:

• Metallic armor colors for Hagah
  • Metru build
  • Masks for Hagah
  • Masks for characters with unindentified masks

And so on. Variants could’ve been something like this (for example, for the Metru build rule):

• No restriction
  • Entry must use Metru torso piece (without hips) as a torso
  • Entry must use Metru torso piece (with Inika hips) as a torso
  • Entry must use Metru torso piece (with Inika hips) as a torso and keep the gear function
  • Entry must use Metru torso piece (with Inika hips) as a torso and connect arms to torso via axles (not ball joints)

And so on. I think that this way everyone would be available to say what rule they think is the best and the rules can be finally established, without inifinte discussions. Hope that was of any help.

1 Like

Well if you have to make a bad moc to prove your point, its a bad point.

4 Likes

All right, let’s see: all the Toa Metru have:
The same upper legs
The same upper arms (barring the shoulder armour) oriented sideways.
The same feet.
The same limb build, only with variation of similar pieces.
Even the same head, if you count that. (I don’t, and would argue that Nuju with a inika head counts as a Metru build)

I don’t have to. I could’ve gone to the trouble of making a good moc to prove the same point. But why go to the trouble when a 60 second build works just as well.

1 Like

So…
by this logic, Toa Hagah are not metru builds.

They use a Metru Torso, but the limbs are varyingly different.

7 Likes

This whole conversation is so pointless, if you don’t like seeing CCBS shells on builds then simply just don’t vote for the entries that have them.

4 Likes

I mean if you wanna make a couple entries that are just Toa Metru with silvery armour then go ham and do it, but the fact of the matter is that there is no point talking about it because no ones gonna follow such pointless, restrictive rules anyway.

2 Likes

The Toa hagah meet literally all of the criteria I just listed.

1 Like

I would say that the CCBS thing has “similar pieces”

Now you’re just writing the rules to exclude the CCBS build.

As for the rest of your points:

The Metru torso has an iconic, near-irreproducible shape. The sideways upper arm is not an iconic shape. The short double-socket as a thigh is not an iconic shape.

You maybe have an argument for the Metru feet being an iconic shape, but the feet are never really a critical part of a build.

The iconic points of a Metru build are the torso shaping and the general proportions. So I guess there’s two rules now: Must use Metru torso piece, and must have similar proportions.

3 Likes

Which many Inika builds share.

Not really a build-deciding detail. You can find different ways to attach arms on a given build without significantly changing the design. I mean, if I rework the shoulders to use ball joints instead of an axle, then how much have I really changed the appearance of the figure, sans shoulder width (if that even changes)?

Who the ■■■■ cares? You can swap out the legs and arms and shoulders, but not the feet? And if you can swap the feet, why did you even bring them up?

Again, this is shared with other builds and is such a small detail that the community clearly doesn’t give a ■■■■ about. See: Metru March. The accepted MOCs within this event showcase the limitations of what is and isn’t Metru.

Why is the head build something you can swap out, but everything else isn’t? The head and face are one of the most important parts of any character design.

You can push the denominational boundary further and further and further based on arbitrary criteria, but whatever definition comes out of this envelope-pushing is ultimately useless. Metru builds are humanoid builds built around a Metru torso with no other limitations. End of discussion.

4 Likes

That was a good comic

3 Likes

Aight, idk if we’ve moved on or not but here’s my results. It basically involves this module:

connected to the torso like so:

This isn’t actually compatible with the back armoring I had, but that can be remedied by using a blue pin - this does remove the way you actually activate the function, but I think that could also be finagled.

The entire design could probably be cleaned up without a ton of work, this is just something I threw together based off of my previous design - the only real rework was converted a 3x3 T-beam into something with half the width so it didn’t interfere with the gears.

@Atobe_Brick @Willess12

14 Likes

I may have to use that sometime, giving credit where it’s due, of course.

1 Like

Or don’t. It’s quite a simple design, I’m sure it’s been done before.

7 Likes

a humble hero

5 Likes

You could make it compatible with that back armour by replacing the (Bushing w/ Pins with 2 axle in it) with those single-pin-double-axle pieces.

2 Likes

I don’t have to. I could’ve gone to the trouble of making a good moc to prove the same point. But why go to the trouble when a 60 second build works just as well.

Because it makes you look like you’re phoning in your argument.

I think you’re phoning in your argument.

2 Likes

It is tho

3 Likes