BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

Yes. That is a Metru build. Not a good Metru build, but a Metru build nonetheless.

You can get into the semantics of whether or not it’s a “G1 build”, but it is a Metru build. It has the proportions and silhouette of a Metru-build Toa.

2 Likes

Yep, that’s what I meant. When a person builds a MOC that uses Metru torso, they usually do it with all the other corresponding parts. Like this:

2 Likes

At this point I think the Hagah should have their own discussion topic

7 Likes

I see.

7 Likes

Does the gear function still work?

no, I removed it on purpose, but I think I could finagle it. I’ll get back to you on this one.

1 Like

Also, does it really matter for the purposes of the Hagah contests? Do they need gear functions?

I am hoping that the entries take advantage of 15 years of R&D that allow us to put the shoulders on balljoints.

3 Likes

I dare you to enter this as Kualus.

It’s still a little high for my tastes, too. It should be one peg lower.

Does anyone care?
It is better without it anyways.

1 Like

Amen to all of this. :clap: :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Put this next to literally any of the nine Metru build sets we have and tell me it’s the same build.
Build== torso build.

2 Likes

I will look you in the eyes and tell you that they are both Metru builds.

It’s a very versatile build.

The styles are wildly different, but they are all Metru builds.

1 Like

I was referring to @Racie02’s CCBS/Metru guy.

Well, I think we aren’t even talking about Hagah anymore, we are talking about some of Bionicle building systems. We are way off topic right now :laughing:

2 Likes

pffffft my bad

2 Likes

That’s also just as much a Metru Build as any MOC that uses an obvious inika torso is an Inika build. tbh.

The logic is dumb, but it stands.

1 Like

And I will look you in the eyes and say that they’re not.

We may just have to agree to disagree at this point…

(Impending “what is a Metru build” topic)

What is it about that build that makes you think it’s not a Metru build?

It’s the CCBS, isn’t it?

1 Like

It’s the fact that only the torso bears any resemblance to the established Metru build. The limbs are a completely different build.

It’s not ccbs – that was simply the easiest way to prove my point. But if you were to slap a Metru torso on an av-matoran, or a bohrok, or a Metru-toran, or a voya-toran, or a Toa mata, or Hoseryx… It still would not be a Metru build.

@jesusHERCULESchrist have you seen my mocs? I can be quite creative. I just didn’t feel like making a super creative and detailed moc just to prove a point in an argument, especially when the basis ccbs build helps my point.

2 Likes

And Norik has different limbs from Vakama.

3 Likes