BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

I feel like Daedalus watching the wax fall out of Icarus’ wings and being unable to do anything about it.

Anyway I voted. Hard choices were made, and not for the reasons one might expect.

1 Like

If only Daedalus could vote, like you can.

10 Likes

Oh snap, that came out of nowhere!

Good luck to all the contestants!

2 Likes

Yo! Thank you guys! I hope you all had a break or rest of sorts!
Time to go and vote! :smiley:

2 Likes

Having finally skimmed the topic, allow me to state a few things:

• The polls were not delayed because we were “being petty,” or trying to get back at people who were complaining about the delays. Between a trip Meso and I were a part of for another BIONICLE project, the demoralization of the Bricklink program situation, and attending to our lives (including full-time jobs, family matters, and in my case medical issues I’ve needed to recover from), we simply got delayed in getting them ready. But no, the complaining didn’t help and it’s why I didn’t read this topic for over 700 replies.
  • There was more discussion about more polls to determine whether people want these contests. Obviously, we have not seen a statistical majority or even large group of people calling for these contests to end. This is after… 1 or 2 of our polls and an additional one hosted by an unrelated Boards member. They all gave the same results. We’re open to another poll after the Lariska contest, as we’ve said in the past. This is ultimately just to appease a small group of people.
  • Looking at the discussion about arguments, I’ll make this very clear: If we banned only 5 specific people, it would eliminate 90% of the arguments. If you know who you are, mind your P’s and Q’s. If you think you might be one of them, do the same. Being respectful and civil is easy and rewarding. But long-term suspensions and full bans are not off the table. We’re not to blame for your behavior, and we won’t miss you if you end up no longer being allowed on these Boards.
  • Meso and I drafted a second list of characters and it has been approved by Greg. We are not going to reveal it or confirm/deny characters until after the Lariska contest.

If anyone has any questions, we’ll do our best to answer them.

30 Likes

Well, it’s official: List 2 is Jerbraz. Hence why we can’t see it.

…I’ll see myself out now.

17 Likes

I agree. One thing I think I should mention though- I think next time you should address the delays before the contests happen. Give reasons and tell us what’s going on so we don’t have reasons to complain. A lot of us don’t listen to the podcasts, and only come here for this so we can’t follow everything

6 Likes

Which is easy enough to say, but it’s not like we weren’t busy.

I partially fell through a ceiling. I had four wisdom teeth surgically removed. My first instinct was not to let you all know where the polls were at.

We were busy. It sucks there was a delay. Not exactly like we wanted it to be delayed so long.

22 Likes

There’s a pulling teeth joke to be made somewhere

4 Likes

Outstanding.

OooooooooooooooooW I know how that feels.

6 Likes

I don’t cause of anesthesia

I was knocked out for it, too. But the recovery is the issue.

6 Likes

I feel that

Yeah same here. Not fun.

1 Like

Yikes… all four at the same time is brütal.

1 Like

What?

Welcome back Eljay, and TTV staffs!
I’m glad you are positive to continue the contest!! :blush: :blush: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

Please make important yourself :hushed: :cry:

6 Likes

Tired of us raising the roof in this topic, I see

To avoid making the entire topic into wisdom teeth discussion I will instead say to please do what you are likely already doing and get some immediate rest because that ain’t fun. Mine were fully impacted and yyyyyyyyyyyikes, so do get some serious rest.

We’ll be busy ceiling the Hagah’s fate.

I deserve prison for my sense of humor

12 Likes

It’s a relatively small thing compared to the big arguments that were happening, but I will apologize for saying a ways upthread that the poll to determine if the contests would continue was after Tuyet’s contest. I knew it was still two contests out, but I got the order of the two confused. I don’t think anyone acknowledged it at the time, but even so, spreading unintentional misinformation like that doesn’t help matters.

Oh wow, wasn’t expecting that! At least not anytime soon. Now to baselessly speculate for 700 posts who made the cut :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yikes! Surprised that one didn’t come up on the podcast the other day. Sending you best wishes!

3 Likes

At least he polls are here now and we don’t have to wait anymore.
Thanks for everything you do, Eljay.plus the other cast members

3 Likes