BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

@CalamitousT is keeping the dream alive.

I’m happy to see that unique colours for all of them is still on the table; there’s a pink Pouks, a green Bomonga, a blue Gaaki, and a handful of gunmetal Kualuses.

1 Like

Some tough choices. Gunmetal Kualus might not happen though. Some of my favorite Kualus entries were eliminated. Oh well. There’s still some great blue ones!

Hey good luck once again to all the entries who made it through! I hope we all get a good fighting chance in this next poll! I elected to not vote in a sense of fairness and respect to the rest of you guys. This is my first contest so I’m just glad I got as far as I have.

My Gaaki didn’t survive…sad about that but that’s alright.

3 Likes

Woah. This is cool. All those Hagah, and… All four of mine did pass to the second round?!

5 Likes

I just want to say that if the exact entries that I want to win aren’t selected then I will rant about how much of a failure these contests are and demand they be shutdown.

8 Likes

If my Kualus wins, I will personally draw him as the highlander on top of my other entries when the art contest comes by.

2 Likes

if the entries I want to win lose I will draw all four toa hagah as kakapo

12 Likes

Oh, yeah?

Well, I just want to say if the exact entries that you want to win are selected than I will rant about how much of a failure these contests are and demand they be shutdown.

4 Likes

Daring today aren’t we?

This rule has been added as 5b under both the MOC and Art rules.

17 Likes

Is Roodaka-fashion rahkshiboobs a sexualized construction?

1 Like

Yes, and it will be subject to this new rule.

9 Likes

Imagine forbidding something that is actual canon design element

2 Likes

You are about to get suspended for spam, and you flagged my post announcing the rule. If this behavior continues, if we have to delete one more post with you acting like this, we will consider disqualifying your entries as well. Knock it off.

11 Likes

I’m a bit surprised this wasn’t a rule already, to be honest, but one which is a very welcome addition. There are ways to make mocs feminine, even shapely, without being gross and immature about it. I’ve seen a few Tuyet MOCs pull it off decently.

18 Likes

Thank goodness. I lived in terror of what might have happened had this not been added.

Genuine question though - is there a litmus test that you’re using, or is it entirely up to moderator discretion?

6 Likes

I’m fine with the new rule provided no Vortixx join the ranks of these canon contests. You can make female biomechanical characters without giving them human-like assets, you know.

1 Like

It would’ve been the same, just rule 11 would’ve been used

We have no plans for a Vortixx canon contest. In addition, unless someone has a link/quote which suggests otherwise, there is no canon statement we are aware of that suggests that Lariska looks like a Vortixx.

No litmus test. We will discuss every entry that might violate the rule and discuss whether or not it does, while taking community feedback into account. It’ll be thorough as to best balance application of this rule and rule 11.

11 Likes

I’m surprised this wasn’t a rule sooner.

2 Likes