BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

If that’s what you took from that rule, that’s what you were looking to find. It’s not the case, but I doubt you’ll be convinced otherwise.

10 Likes

So now it is you who’s in charge of what can and cannot be canon? Why not let people decide with their votes? Or maybe we should just scrap the entire idea of voting and let Eljay decide who wins, since apparently that’s where these contests are going.

No, still Greg Farshtey that decides after the community votes on what they’d like to be canon.

People are welcome to decide with their votes, just as we’re welcome to make sure the process is as smooth as possible. And eliminating the potential for controversy is a part of doing that. MOCs attempting to be canonized that feature aspects that are decidedly not a reasonable part of these characters designs (seeing as we have no Vortixx contests in the future) are always disruptive, controversial, and not supported by a majority of people involved with these contests (this means anyone that votes in the contests or comments on them). This cuts the controversy off at the knees.

I’m fine with this idea. It’d make things a lot easier. But alas, it is not to be.

11 Likes

I’m going to ask again. Who are you to decide what features moc can and cannot have?

If there are people who would like to see corpulent Gaaki canonised, then let them vote for such entry.

“Controversy”
Sounds to me more like “Me and five other people don’t want a certain kind of mocs to enter, so I’m going to make a rule that forbids them”

1 Like

The ones running the contests. Nice to meet you. We run the website, too.

No.

Lemme modify something I just said to someone else, because it applies.

10 Likes

But Vortixx aren’t the only species with such features. I mean, have you seen how big the Shadowed One’s rack is? :eyes:

1 Like

There are way more people that do not want THAT kind of moc to be canon.
I’m ok with mocs that are just mocs. But I don’t want them to be canon.

And there are a lot of reasons why they shouldn’t be.
One reason would be that they are not Mammals. And even if they were here is no guarantee that any (or all) Species in the MU would evolve in the same way as us humans.
Boobs are exclusive to Humans. Not a single other (known) species has them.
(the same for other sexualising parts)

And if you say “it’s just armor” than give your male mocs crotch armor. Because that actually existed in reality.

5 Likes

Nobody forces you to vote for them ¯_(ツ)_/¯

All bionicle armors and weapons are not realistic. This is not a reasonable argument.

Hate to butt in here (I don’t), but we’re not going to be having this debate here… or anywhere. If you two would like to take it into DM, by all means. But this isn’t up for discussion.

7 Likes

Ok good. I didn’t plan to continue that dabate anyways. It would lead no where.

Anyways on the Zaria contest would the color placeholder rule of the Arthaka (and Lariska) contest be used? I just wanted to know as there really aren’t many burnt orange parts.

1 Like

I just had an idea, has anyone considered making all 6 Hagah do a tetsudo or phalanx formation with their shields and spears? Because a bionicle shield wall sounds awesome!

I would but I only have an Iruini…

15 Likes

Hagah’s Shield can fire Rhotuka, so this formation will very works well more than real world! :blush:
The problem is, maybe their enemy can have a idea to resist to this method, for they are also being of MU and off course knows Rhotuka :pleading_face:

5 Likes

There’s almost a part of me that wants to draw this for the group shot portion just for the heck of it, but I don’t think I could showcase each character well in doing so

3 Likes

I think the Hagah shield might be slightly too small for that. It’d definitely be worth a shot, though.

6 Likes

I always pictured it as armor or absolutely swole

before he got his patented laser vision, the shadowed one executed prisoners by crushing their heads between his pecs

Someone’s gonna attempt this in stud.io, mark my works

5 Likes

Wahoo!!!
but now I’m gonna have to come up with a custom torso… :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

There is no physical gender dimorphism in the MU. So let me ask this - why do you seek to apply these features to Gaaki in specific, and not Kualus? Because she’s the girl? If so, that doesn’t really track with how Toa work. Not expecting an answer here, just think about it. What are you intentions?

On an entirely different note; is there any requirement for painted parts, or the artwork, to (approximately) match official LEGO colors?

11 Likes

At this point its partly in fault to the community. There are definitely strings of mocs (not necessarily in these contests specifically) that get posted that have pervasions about them that got support. It got enabled.

Definitely not a stupid thick Iruini though

5 Likes

I still think there shouldn’t be a ban on stuff that illustrates a certain figure, rather ban entries that are obviously attempting to be overly inappropriate. However, I won’t complain about this if it really helps prevent those bad entries from happening.

I definitely agree with all of this. I’d only add that, please remember these are canon contests, not creativity contests. Because if the last two contests and the way this contest seems to be going are any indication, people are more interested in voting for MOCs that are either video game characters or better suited as BioCup entries, rather than actual canon entries that would fit in with what has come before. There’s a whole other aesthetic going that can’t really be reconciled.

12 Likes