BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

FTFY.

4 Likes

Alright, I’m back from Brickfair. Enjoy the final polls.

14 Likes

I like how close these finals are to having an even colour split; Gaaki will be silver, Bomonga will likely be gold, and Kualus will likely be blue.

Pouks is a little more up in the air, but even then, there’s a blue Pouks, which would even it out perfectly.

4 Likes

Please, anything but the blue Pouks

Gotta say, I’m feeling quite optimistic about the Hagah contests for the first time in a while. Including colour consent really paid off, I think. @Mesonak A retrospective thanks for adding that.

3 Likes

The color combos I feel we’ll have make me cringe tbh

Not a fan of blue Pouks? (or Blouks, as the kids say)

2 Likes

Blue Pouks? More like blue Poops.

(Okay, it’s not that bad, I just wanted to make that joke)

1 Like

I think it is now Metallic Blue vs Gun Metal

2x2x2 seems to be one option if Blue or Grey get chosen.

It could either be Metallic Blue Pouks and Kualus or Gun Metal.
Quite the choice, I had been leaning towards Gun Metal Kualus but all my favourites did not make it.

On the other hand, 3x3 could be the way…

Let’s keep the only polls in this topic to the poll we have running. This would be fine over in the general discussion topic. -Eljay

Edit: Sorry Eljay, my bad.

I’d be fine with either metallic blue or gunmetal for both of them, as long as they’re the same. On the one hand, metallic blue is possible without requiring any colour changes at all from the first round winners. On the other hand, I’d prefer gunmetal Kualus so that he can get away from the standard Ice colour scheme.

2 Likes

The problem with metallic blue is that it looks cool on Kualus (pun intended), but not so much on Pouks.

With so many of the finalists allowing color changes, my hope is that all four winners allow color changes. That way, we can see what color combos the artists can come up with.

My personal hope is a 3-3. Gold for Bomonga (since all four finalists are gold, that’s pretty much guaranteed) and either Kualus or Gaaki (preferably Kualus, since silver Kualus is so monotone)

I’m just glad none of the pink Pouks made it through.

2 Likes

True, but they’ll make a glorious comeback if this happens:

3 Likes

Then hopefully it will continue to not win.

Typing in strike-through text because I don’t want people to think I’m hating on any particular entries. I just think pink Pouks is a very ugly color scheme.

3 Likes

@Eljay Further to my post from a few days ago, I think it’s worth disclosing the results of the polls from the semifinals as was done with the Artakha polls.
With the entries that ended up getting into the finals, this is less of a priority for me than I’d anticipated, but I imagine some would still want to know.

@Willess12 my dude what Goliath of a post are you writing over there? :joy:

1 Like

We will do that once the polls wrap.

2 Likes

What’s the issue with doing that now? Weren’t the Artakha results disclosed before the subsequent polling stage began?

It’s a lot of manual labor and we’d like to focus on making sure the voting process concludes with minimal issues. We’re also busy with other things, and it is not a high priority.

After the polls conclude.

6 Likes

I’ll let others speak up on if this an issue for them. But it does feel like a loss.

1 Like

So, I wanted to say something that’s been on my mind for a while, and I feel would be good to reference later:

Just because Bionicle did something does not automatically make it good, or mean that we should do it.

Bionicle wasn’t perfect (shocking, I know). We shouldn’t be required to be a fan of everything it did, just because Bionicle did it.

For example: In the topic of Hagah colors, some people have said “well, the Inika weren’t uniform.” I agree, the Inika colors were an atrocious mess. That’s not a standard we should strive to follow. That’s not a reason to accept that for the Hagah, when we had options to do better. And we did – the color consent rules.

Another example: elemental colors. People have pointed out that Hahli Mahri and Hahli Inika both have the colors of another element. Okay, and you’re allowed to dislike the colors of those two sets. You’re allowed to say “just because Bionicle did it doesn’t mean I want to do it again.”

You’re allowed to like or dislike anything Bionicle did. “Bionicle did it” is not a reason why it should be done; nor does it mean that everyone has to like it or be okay with it.

More like a lot of writing and rewriting because I’m very self-conscious about how I say stuff sometimes. Particularly when I feel that it’s something kinda important.

5 Likes

You’re not wrong, no matter how bizarre that little bit of trivia might be…

Wait, how were the Inika not uniform…? Legitimately asking here, sorry.