BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

What are you losing? We’re going to post the results of the prior polls as we have been doing and have promised to do, but we’re not doing it right this second. If you want to be impatient about it, we are more than willing to wait until after the contest has ended entirely to post all of the results, instead of waiting until this set of polls conclude.

3 Likes

Strongly agree with this. The Piraka by contrast had perfect consistency and patterning: a 2/2/2 metallic colour split, with each pair of identically coloured Piraka having a different foot type. Does this mean the Hagah have to be that consistent? No, but man, I’d find that really satisfying.

Read my original message from a few days ago.

I… don’t get why you’re being hostile. I called you out for saying stuff like this a week ago and you continue to prove my point. Don’t just default to assuming people are being unreasonable.

2 Likes

By that I mean

1 gold
3 silver
2 gunmetal (1 with a silver weapon for no good reason)

Basically, being “unbalanced”, like some people want to avoid for the Hagah

Ah, thank you. For what it’s worth, that never bothered me, nor did I ever notice it until you told me. I’d be fine if the Hagah were “unbalanced.” I’d also be fine if the Hagah were totally uniform.

1 Like

I’m guessing you want to see which of the Hagah seem to be the most popular, so you can vote based upon which entries will fit in with the other three?

That’s exactly it. But I’m less concerned now considering the finalists are quite similar and a lot of them have colour change consent.

Besides personal preference for patterns and uniformity, my reason for wanting an even split is because the Hagah are meant to be a phalanx-esque team of guards, so they need to mesh with each other. Having odd colour distributions would break that illusion of uniformity.

3 Likes

You should at least link to it/quote it. There’s been dozens of post since then, plus you have posted a lot in the past few days.

In hindsight, yeah. I’m on my phone though so it’s a bit laborious :stuck_out_tongue:

You summed it up pretty succinctly though:

All right. I’m guessing you were referring to this post?

Indeedy. Thanks for your service :nerd_face:

That’s some decent reasoning. If it looks cool, I’m for it.

4 Likes

You will be ban for saying something like that.

I think that what BIONICLE have done is enough reason for arguing that the Toa Hagah don’t requiere to have an even proportion, or avoid confusing color schemes, from a canon stand point. But I really hope they have the even ratio and uniformity. Why repeat the errors of the past?

1 Like

Never noticed that before, and the Piraka are my favorite villains! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I am not defaulting to assuming people are being unreasonable, I am saying you are being impatient. And I’m not going to tolerate your impatience.

I saw your message. I have nothing I wish to offer to you or wish to concede on. You have played a large role in exacerbating the irritation of these dialogues and heavily prolonged the amount of time it took to come to agreements for discussions because most of your stances have been agenda driven. It’s been exhausting to moderate and I most certainly am not willing to offer you appreciation for it.

Our task in these contests is to facilitate the running of these contests in as seamless and productive a manner as possible. You have not aided us in this. We get burnt out from folks like you who demand and complain every time they post. And when we make requests that are ignored, our tolerance grows thin.

We’ve done our best to exercise as much patience and tolerance for people of this behavior and even worse behaviors because we do value perspectives and the discussion to help inform these contests. But my goodness, it’s been over a year and a half and you are relentless and that is the greatest exhaustion of our morale and drive to help facilitate these events.

We’re gonna look at moderation steps moving forward. And there is a good possibility things will get stricter and people will be banned. But it’s going to be a discussion on our end. We’re people, too, and we get to have a say in helping our mental health.

15 Likes

Honestly, I don’t know if color uniformity and distribution are really problem.

Lego just chooses colorset that will sell well.

Monotonous color uniformity could have caused problems with sales volume.
I think that’s why Lego chose a bold color combination since 2006.
(As you know, toa of stone has changed first color several times.)

Since the colors of all the Toa teams have changed every year,
In the end, i think…the only thing that really had uniformity was Metru(hordika)

And it was a very dull color for me.

but, I agree to some extent that hagah team should have uniformity.
with their background. and a realistically reasons.
we don’t have many metalic colors.(Most of them are silver.)

But, oh please, I’m sorry about the MOCs with dark gold Kraahkan shoulders. yeah, that’s nice but, It causes too much cost.

if that’s what’ll give us a more relaxed eljay, then what must be done must be done

3 Likes

i think it’s worth noting that it has been so long and we have three contests out of twelve. At this rate, we’re looking at close to 7 total years before the current wave of characters is expended.

I understand that life gets in the way (although there is still an obligation to communicate such delays instead of simply leaving everyone else in the dark), but this kind of slow pace is borderline unacceptable. The efficacy of the contests should be reconsidered with this information in mind, coupled with the factors of a disgruntled, toxic opposition and a support base that has grown tired of waiting.

6 Likes

While this is certainly true, I would like to posit that we’ve also only had two “normal” contests (one character, two phases), both of which saw immense growing pains. The only reason this contest has taken so long is straight up due to unforeseen events and some degree of burnout from the previous growing pains.

A part of me is kinda looking forward to the Tuyet contest because it’d be somewhat of a return to form - a contest for a Toa of Water. We’ve moved past a lot of the learning and structural difficulties, and now we can see how a contest of that nature would function.

18 Likes

I agree. but I know Eljay and other people on TTV are struggling.
well, I’m very supportive of this contest.
maybe that’s why I can’t stand the slowness of the contest.
and longer waiting between the contests, the more controversial and exhausting it seems.

anyway, at this rate, I don’t think there will be any more contests this year.

3 Likes

@Hazash

I agree with what you’re saying. I, too, would like to see the results of the first two polls before the finals wrap up.

But sniping back and forth with Eljay over who’s being more hostile, more unreasonable, etc., isn’t really helping your case. It’s just going to make Eljay less inclined to listen to you. Sure, Elj can be a bit blunt and dismissive. But he can also be willing to listen to people. But when you just say he’s “unreasonable” it makes him reply that you’re “just impatient”.

I don’t think Eljay is unreasonable, and I don’t think you’re just impatient. I also don’t think that this type of arguing helps anyone. I agree with your point; I don’t want to see it dismissed because Eljay stops listening to you.

6 Likes