BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

Yes, they are from different islands, but, for example, in the story “Too many deaths of Toa Tuyet” Lhikan said that he and Tuyet worked together for thousands of years. It is also written on BionicleSector01 that the Toa Mangai consisted of Toa who were on Lhikan’s team, and several others who joined along the way.

2 Likes

How do old Metru build discussions mean that the Tuyet Contest should be Art-only?

No, they shouldn’t be mandatory because nothing in canon says they should be. The “fun-ness” of the contests has absolutely nothing to do with canon appearance.

3 Likes

So that we don’t waste time on simpler MOCs and avoid arguments around Metru builds.

How do simple MOCs “waste time”? If someone wants Tuyet to be a simple Metru build, that should be allowed. That’s just as creative of a decision as making her a hyper-complex custom build. If you don’t like it, just vote for one of the many other more complex builds.

12 Likes

It seems like you’re trying to find a problem where none exists.

The issue of what properly constituted a Metru build vs a faux/custom Metru build was only relevant in the Hagah because they were deemed to be Metru.

If someone wants to do faux/custom or something completey different it doesn’t matter in this situation.

7 Likes

we don’t need any more Metru arguments in the contest already.
now, this discussion is not about setting rules, it’s just about sharing our ideas about what tuyet and nidhiki look like.

That’s because it’s a possible story when you look back on Lhikan’s life.

Lhikan said he had been friends with Tuyet for thousands of years 3500 years ago.(Many death of toa tuyet)
and It was 4,000 years ago when Toa Mangai was formed.
Also, Lhikan was closer to Tuyet than Nidhiki. so,that’s makes sense
Of course, I think their hometowns are different.
However, it should be noted that no one in the known Mangai is from Metru nui.

2 Likes

She might’ve been part of other gathered Toa team, part of which then joined Mangai

The entrants and voters should decide for themselves, especially after the unnecessary textwalling regarding the Hagah, but it’s highly likely that Tuyet and Nidhiki will turn out to be metru builds anyways.

Would be nice to get something like this though Tuyet - The Tyrant | Long ago, the eleven Toa Mangai stood p… | Flickr

15 Likes

guys, Whether she will be a Metru Build or not will be decided through the next contest.

5 Likes

More Metru is really sad perspective. We had enough of those this summer. And it makes me even more upset when we have neat concept for Nidhiki of being Krakua-like, but people still go with dumb straight-forward “MaNgAi ShOuLd Be MeTrU”

That Tuyet is neat tho

2 Likes

My guy.

There’s nothing you can do about people saying Tuyet/Nidhiki need to be metru builds. Therefore, ignore them - no amount of complaining by anyone is going to get metru builds required or banned. Which is, like, a compromise, right? People that want custom builds can enter custom builds, people that want metru builds can enter metru builds.

Trying to criticize people for using metru builds beyond that is just gatekeepy, borderline elitist.

15 Likes

I think if we’re gonna run around in circles we should at least step onto the carousel first.

16 Likes

Wait

you’re telling me

that I’m not the only one who got on a carousel when they were 9 and the only thing they wanted to do was run around in the opposite direction?

2 Likes

So, can Tuyet contest start this year?

Yes, eljay already said there is a possibility, but what do others think?
Also, do you want to have Tuyet contest this year?
Unless there’s much discussion, it could be possible in October.

Of course eljay will overworked.

There are chances, but I bet it will end in 2022

2 Likes

It’s possible TTV could squeeze in Tuyet if they start immediately after the Hagah art contest, but if last year is any precedent, I’d wager they want a break for the holidays.

5 Likes

My guess is that they’ll probably start the Tuyet contest this year. There’s way less preparation they need to do then the Hagah.

9 Likes

This is something I’ve been wondering about for a while; what exactly is the policy on this?

I understand that we won’t be canonizing any background information (standard power of any custom Hagah masks, for example), but what about new information contained in the canonized artwork?

For example, say that the canon art for Marendar shows it fighting a Toa that we’ve never seen before; does that Toa also become canon, then? Or if there’s a Matoran in the background of Tuyet’s artwork?

2 Likes

I think the general consensus was backdoor canonization is a no-no.
Personally I am not a fan of the concept either, as it seems like a very intentional manipulation of this quite generous opportunity to attempt to add something that was not originally agreed upon.

9 Likes

While I’m usually here to post absolute garbage and make fun of the ardent cries for whatever inane idea people have this time, I do have a genuine question, one that @RiderBD posed and I desperately need answered:

Since it technically stresses minifigure parts to remove their arms, are those considered cut/damaged or stressed parts, even though they are technically removable and replaceable? I would assume not, but it is a pretty important question since we’re coming up on the Lariska contest and a number of MOCs use teal arms given the overall lack of teal.

6 Likes