BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

This is interesting for sure (I’m a sucker for good comparison charts). I agree it shouldn’t be a rule, though. I can’t imagine there will be lots of titan-sized Tuyets submitted, let alone that make it into the final rounds of voting. If you say “make this character Toa-sized,” it’d be understood that 08 Takanuva for instance is an outlier. At least, in my mind it would be.

For this contest maybe have a guideline of “if she were next to Lhikan would she stand out as unusually tall or short?” Not necessarily a hard rule of “no taller than Iruini or shorter than Whenua” like with the Hagah, but it may help guide people as they’re building if they have that in the back of their mind.

6 Likes

For sure the titan tuyet might not be an issue for this contest but going forward for example Lariska is said to be toa sized

2 Likes

And Tuyet is Toa sized since she is a Toa. If that restriction is imposed for Lariska, maybe it should also be for the rest of the Toa, maybe something like, taller than Onua Mata and shorter than a Toa Inika.

Only one “Toa” has a titan size without an explanation, and the set isn’t canon.

Okay, so, I did some preliminary vote-tallying - I collected the votes of everyone who publicly stated their vote in the poll 6 topic, and calculated the winner - currently, the projected winner is SpecterL’s entry three. However, this contest has been really volatile, and I only have about 10% of the total votes cast, so it’s possible that that’s entirely wrong.

2 Likes

To be fair, Meso did release all the poll results already :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I think there should be less restrictions for Tuyet. The Hagah’s restrictions made sense both because they were meant to be an elite unit, and because Greg said they had the same build.

Tuyet is just some lady from a random continent unrelated to Lhikan. The Mangai as a whole are a ragtag group of individuals. Their team composition doesnt follow the preestablished 6-primary element formula, so why should the Mangai members be forced to be Metru Builds?

I’m gonna advocate for more diverse builds this go around. Custom torsos, Inika Torsos, Nick Bluetooth torsos, idgaf. Just let people be creative.

12 Likes

Was it not already stated there would be no torso restriction for Nidhiki and Tuyet or am I losing my mind

10 Likes

Yeah that is true. None of the future Toa will have such a restriction. The only restriction would probably be, that it can’t be too big.

6 Likes

Idk if it’s been said anywhere, but that’d be nice to see. I’ll get to reading her serials again this weekend, see if I can sus out any more details of her appearance.

3 Likes

For Tuyet, I think it’d be best to have her at least resemble a Metru build, whether that’s with a lookalike design (like with Dag’s or Galva’s) or with the actual build. IIRC, she and Lhikan travelled together before joining the Toa Mangai, so logically they would appear similar. Nidhiki, I feel, should resemble Krakua, given they’re both from the same place.

4 Likes

“Many times. And as the great Vinnic philosopher Ulianas said: ‘Put a sock in it!’” -Euripedes, Galidor TV series

no offense intended to you, kdnx; I just really like that quote. Yes, it has been.

10 Likes

If someone actually does this with Tuyet i’ll vote for them

10 Likes

Weird, most of the mocs I’ve seen follow the opposite trend: Nidhiki is almost exclusively Metru build(I can’t recall a moc that isn’t), and Tuyet is more often a different build.

8 Likes

If anyone can do it without making it look like she is wearing a sweater I wouldn’t mind. Otherwise please don’t

3 Likes

Hey, if Kualus can wear a scarf, Tuyet can wear a sweater, right?

/s

14 Likes

my Tuyet is a metru build

3 Likes

Ayo bro, more power to you. Advocacy for diverse build styles also includes advocacy for Metru builds as an option. Gl bro.

5 Likes

Is there any chance you could make the models…not the same color as the background for the site? I can’t see ■■■■, cap’n

1 Like

If you wanna see it check my wip/moc topic

1 Like

Metru build Tuyets :handshake: Other build Tuyets

8 Likes