BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

Yeah she looks like a Power Rangers villain with the red.

Also does anyone know a good way to attach a Metru head to a Hordika body?

1 Like

ok how about this

5 Likes

That’s really clever. I wouldn’t have thought to use red lightsabers

1 Like

well certain parts of the build use bars to hold it in place, and those pieces are also used as lightsabers, so lo and behold

1 Like

Question - what youtube channel will the recording of the MoD/TTV discussion be on?

5 Likes

She’s wearing a Christmas Jumper!

4 Likes

Haha :laughing: lol

2 Likes

Probably Mask of Destiny. Details are coming

But I looked and such channel doesn’t seem to exist. Or if it does, please let me know :pray:

Here’s the video.

4 Likes

I thought those were conjoined twins lol

Zaktan: “allow me to introduce myself…”

6 Likes

I know this post is almost a week old, but I figured I’d throw my two cents in.

Personally, I think neither the Barbed Broadsword nor the Nui Stone should be mandated in Tuyet’s contest.

In the case of the Barbed Broadsword, Tuyet is only ever explicitly confirmed to wield it in Dark Mirror’s “Toa Empire” alternate universe, but whether or not she had it in the main reality was never confirmed or denied; for that reason, I believe that neither mandating it nor prohibiting it can be done in good faith.

As for the Nui Stone, it’s just a glowing rock that probably glows red on account of the heat Lhikan states it radiates. Not really sure we necessarily need an appearance for this thing.

3 Likes

I would suggest reading my feedback to Eljay’s querries where I detail why those components are very important:

The current consensus on the actual application of the rules for them seems to be optional during MOC portion and mandated in the art portion.

3 Likes

Two notes:

1: Language warning.
2: There seem to be portions where the audio cuts out. I’m certain that wasn’t intentional, just be aware.

9 Likes

Oh yeah Zaktan. For some reason I thought he had a Dark Green chest

But yeah I’m sticking with the Silver, since it’s technically not his armor, just on top of it

That’s a really good middle ground. What about the shards?

2 Likes

ehh
he has gold weapons?

2 Likes

And that Nidhiki has a silver one… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

eh
You got me there.

2 Likes

I’ve developed my positions on Tuyet’s two accessories. First of all, I feel that the Nui stone should be completely prohibited in the MOC portion, and mandated in the art portion. There are not many ways to create the Nui stone with available parts, whether that’s a red Bohrok eye, some sort of System abomination, or a 3d-printed stone (which would need to have prior consent to be free in perpetuity). Artists would have much more license to give it small or large detail, whether that’s special shaping or straight-up rock texture. I’m opposed to having the MOC section be stone-optional because of the way that that could skew the results. I’m sure large swaths of the community, given the option, would only vote for MOCs featuring stones (though this is speculation). Secondly, I feel that the sword should be optional in the MOC portion and mandated in the art portion if and only if the winning MOC has a sword. While a skew based on the Nui stone is undesirable, I feel like a skew based on whether or not Tuyet wields her sword would be, given how it is currently unclear whether or not the prime universe Tuyet wields a sword. Depending on whether or not TTV ask Greg about the canonicity of the barbed broadsword, and his response on the matter, I could see the MOC portion acting as an informal community poll on the popularity of the sword for prime Tuyet. If a sword-wielding MOC wins, then the sword is canon. If it does not wield a sword, it must wield a different tool, and that different tool will be prime Tuyet’s canonical tool. The art portion must depict the stone and whichever tool that Tuyet is decided to carry.

EDIT: we could also just belabor Tuyet’s contest further by holding a formal community poll on whether or not prime Tuyet wields the barbed broadsword.

6 Likes