BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

If someone wanted to avoid using lime joints, perhaps they could headcanon that the lime green is just a representation of Hahli using her Faxon to imitate a sea creature’s bright colours.

We don’t necessarily know this. As much as I want it to be true, there’s no explicit confirmation of it that I know of.

It’s possible, but it’s also possible that there are Toa who contradict this rule that we don’t know of.

EDIT: I suppose that some of the Mahri have small amounts of silver, though they also had a unique transformation, both to Inika and to Mahri.

6 Likes

I’d even go as far as to say that every character that we know that breaks this is a named character with a role in the story. So by the nature of Bionicle story telling, any named Toa character with a role in the story is more likely to have a unique color scheme

:moyai:

1 Like

Here’s the thing though: This is the last chance, besides a Naho contest, to know if that’s true or not. Since Nidhiki is canonically confirmed to have none and the other 4 Toa are not of the main 6, Naho or Dume are the only hope besides Tuyet. If a Gunmetal Tuyet wins, then the main 6 elements can naturally have Metallics . If a non metallic Tuyet wins, then unless Naho gets a contest, as far as we know Toa of the main 6 elements are non Metallic naturally.

Technically every Toa of the main 6 elements that breaks this was either Mutated or wore Cermonial Armor. For Matoran this also adds in Rebuilt.
The only Matoran/Toa character that breaks this is actually DH Firedracax.

Nidhiki and Tuyet that I made…

i want to change tuyet’s mask.

I think I need to try a few more designs.

What about Mahri nui’s Matorans? Rather, they returned to their original state from “rebuilding” state and did not mutate.

10 Likes

OH MAN, that Tuyet rocks! That’s definitely going to be as well amongst my many picks for the contest when polls are live.
Also, here’s a yellow Lhikan i found on Google Images

4 Likes

Just for anyone curious about the source on this:

(Or at least the only source I could find)

Looking past another error from Greg about the Hagah’s metallic colours, I see two important things:

• Greg still acknowledges some degree of shininess to Lhikan’s colour, rather than just being standard yellow

• Greg makes an in-story differentiation between [Iruini]'s “elite gold” and Lhikan’s “metallic yellow”, despite the fact that they are portrayed with the same Lego colour in the sets

Overall, this first point makes sense; since all of this armour is made of metal, we could expect it to have some amount of “metallicness” to it, even if it’s not “metallic armour” like the Hagah’s.

8 Likes

mask of intangibility
mask of intangibility_2
Here’s one idea I worked on for the mask of intangibility today. Its kinda a combination of a sheet ghost/scream (for ghostlike powers), kaukau nuva, and huna (since it has a similar/ related power).

8 Likes

There’s also the line in Legends of Metru Nui (the book) about Lhikan’s yellow mask.

2 Likes

Neat design!

1 Like

so it’s more the newer pearl gold than the old gold

3 Likes

for naho I was thinking I’d build her in medium blue and metru blue

2 Likes

This is still the superior lariska
unknown-8

EDIT: But in all seriousness I was going to post another tuyet but I forgot save the render over to my cloud

4 Likes

that looks like a deformed slizer

3 Likes

Thanks @Toa_Fierek
I just kinda stuck it on nokama here, but I think it turned out pretty well.

9 Likes

I’m really a fan of that mask. Looks great.

2 Likes

Somehow i feel that this mask will be canonized due to it’s popularity

Followed by this other design

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind if the top one became canon

2 Likes

Me neither, my headcanon is that the multiverse despite having almost the same characters they all differ from one another by their looks. They are either soft variants (different armor, tools, goals while keeping the original body and mask from the core universe) or hard variants (probably the same armor, tools and goals BUT with a different body and mask design)

1 Like

Now this is how I imagined the mask. Less evil, more traditional Kanohi.

Honestly I never really liked the designs. They all looks too unique to be a common/uncommon mask. Another thing I noticed is how the top mask looks like the Mask of Control, which while is a neat reference, still doesn’t fit for a mass produced mask. Same with the lower design. That being said, I won’t argue if they become canon.

7 Likes

Since we’re comparing mask designs, Galva recently redesigned his (again) and I wanted to compare with other designs such as red star forge’s.
Galva’s:

Red Star Forge:

This was supposed to be the mask of psychometry but I used it for my Tuyet because of it’s squid-like appearance.
Screenshot_20220102-191054_Chrome

4 Likes