BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

I would prefer if they were retconned to the Normal Faxon and Noble Kakama if I’m being honest respectively.

But that is maybe just me :pensive:

4 Likes

Given that A) they’re pretty obviously meant to be those masks, and B) Kualus’ mask is already considered to be definitely the MoSA, I’d like to see Pouks and Bomonga bee officialized as well.

2 Likes

well, It’s already been designated as Photok’s Kanohi.
08 Av matoran Kanohi have been canonize as Noble design Miru, Kakama, and Akaku.
(Of course, all three of them look like adaptive Nuva Kanohi, not Great.)
Perhaps it is possible to consider regional variants like lhikan’s hau.

2 Likes

Yee, I know but the kakama pouks have looks similar to photoks so I rather it just be that. For a similar reason I want Bomonga’s faxon to be Halhi’s faxon.

2 Likes

Tbf Pouks’s Kakama looks similar enough to a noble Kakama that I’d probably just use that if I ever build him. And the normal Faxon also looks good enough on Bomonga.

dang, what a way to put it

3 Likes

Ironically, I still want to bother him.

I’d do that to if they cannonized those instead tbh. I’t would solve the mask shape issue tbf too

The only issue with that is that you have to paint actual Lego pieces instead of 3d parts.

I don’t see the need for it, and if the last time Greg answered questions about masks is anything to go by, he doesn’t have any real interest in answering something like that. Let people use their heads and just infer things.

But, if someone decides to go and do it anyway, I would heavily request the two explicitly being variants, not standard shapes.

4 Likes

In my experience, when I paint Lego parts, the paint comes off better than 3D print (especially the Kanohi mask is worse)

Some masks or parts cannot be painted. I painted pridak’s blade for gaaki, but it came off in an instant because tip was rubber.

You can just 3d print those masks as well people are already 3d printing Hagah shields and to recreate the hagah accurately you need to paint parts anyway.

Well yeah, we already know what a standard Faxon and Kakama look like.

1 Like

You say that…

The Kakama has been seen on Metru Nui and Artahka, and the Faxon from Lesovikk’s homeland.

I know, but Meso and Eljay sent sent that email about Inika and Mahri masks that was never answered for a reason (really it’s the Faxon I’d be concerned about, not the Kakama).

Greg only ever said or imply it was standard in the greg archives. So I don’t really know why we should contest a detail he has been pretty clear about.

Edit: The sets also seem to agree on this with Mazeka and Lesovikk respectively.

4 Likes

Obviously, the Kakama’s standard shape is already known. If I were to make a topic, I would add that it was intended to be a regional variant, along the lines of Lhikan’s Hau.

The Faxon is less cut and dry; I believe that there is an argument to be made that the existing piece might not be the standard shape, and that it is possible that Bomonga’s mask could be.

However, that’s a fairly in-depth discussion on its own, and I wouldn’t expect Greg to be able to answer it; any question I ask would just say that its a version of the Faxon that’s different from the one we already have, and leave it at that.

7 Likes

Tbh I don’t think it’s really worth it to go out of our way for that. I see the merit behind it, but it seems rather trivial to confirm or deny whether Bomonga’s and Pouks’s inspirations wore variants of the Faxon and the Kakama, respectively.

3 Likes

Based on what exactly?

EDIT: Similarly to the inika mask with the exception of maybe the Suletu. Greg has been pretty clear and straight forward and a new answer is unlikely as he don’t remember. So what he has said consistently in the past goes doesn’t it?