BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

yeah like me

2 Likes

Ok so we’re in agreement then?

Great!

1 Like

Yeah I think so

I mean, I wouldn’t like having gone through all that effort only for it to become irrelevant.

2 Likes

If anyone’s still confused, it would look like this:

“Random text and Greg quotes, with pictures showing off the MOC”

1). The mask and sword are place holders, I consent to them being changed in the final art.

Or

2). The mask is a place holder. I consent to the mask being changed in the final art.
I do not consent for the sword to be changed in the final art.

Or

3). I do not consent for either the Mask or the Sword to be changed in the final art.

Or

4). The mask can/can’t be changed in the final art but Tuyet cannot have a sword in the final art.
(This also means no other weapon, not up to discussion)

However all of these would have the extra line of if you want your Nui Stone design to be used or not. Either way a Nui Stone would be present in the final art, as it’s appearance would be be decided by either the winning MOCist or the artist drawing it.

1 Like

Yes, let’s allow moccists to outright ban her canonical weapon. That’s definitely fitting for a canon contest.

6 Likes

Look this is the only compromise both sides are getting. The fact the mods are letting both choose when technically they could just tell either side that they’re wrong shows this. If you have proof that Tuyet uses her BB in the main universe, great show me it. Otherwise just wait till the contest and vote for your side. Same with the other side who says no weapon.

Neither side is going to win the arguement. This arguement has been going on since the BB was revealed and might go on till the end of time. The fact is unless you can prove your side without a shadow of a doubt, the other side will always push back.

2 Likes

So, it be time for me to say something. Do we know Tuyet had metallic colour/colours in her colour scheme?

Most true thing i’ve read today.

2 Likes

Going off of every non mutated Matoran and Toa of Water besides Gaaki? Most likely not. Metallics on the main 6 elements look to either be ceremonial or mutation related. There could be one we haven’t seen, but there also could be a Orange and Blue Toa of Water or a Pohatu styled Toa of Water. We just don’t have evidence it exists.

(Lhikan is canonically yellow, not gold for anyone about to bring him up)

1 Like

Look, I’m willing to allow entrants to decide whether to include the sword even though it’s her canonical weapon and should be mandated like every other weapon. But if the moccist doesn’t include it, then the artists should get to decide whether to include it or not.

4 Likes

Why? The artist isn’t allowed to change the finished model, so adding a new weapon would basically be saying “Why not color her orange and purple? After all it’s my interpretation of canon. In fact why not change the mask as well?” The fact is if a Tuyet wins without a Sword, we should canonize what wins, not what we wanted to win. One side is going to lose in this contest, whether people like it or not. There’s no way to make everyone happy.

And again, show me she 100% has a sword. Or show me she 100% doesn’t have a sword. If there’s no proof, then we vote. Otherwise all we’re doing is going in circles.

Aside from changing the mask and adding a Nui Stone, you mean.

1 Like

You mean the mask we voted on and a rock?

Yeah, just like we did for Helryx and Artakha

*a very powerful weapon which many artists have shown intricate designs for.

2 Likes

The thing about Helryx is we know her Main Universe version wielded it. Same with Artahka. I haven’t seen a single piece of evidence that proves the BB does or doesn’t exist in the main universe. Go ahead, show me your proof. Otherwise there’s no reason to keep having this conversation since it’s literally Schrödinger’s cat. The only way to find out what’s canon is who wins the contest.

Yeah artists, as in the people drawing the finalized picture, hence why there was an option for both the MOCist and artist (if the MOCist allows it) to decide what it looks like. I outlined a compromise that benefits both sides, giving each an equal chance to win as opposed to being biased on a certain side. I honestly don’t care which wins, but I’m not going make an idea outline that bends to one side or the other.

1 Like

where did you get that timeline from. looks like a lego magazine page but I dunno where on biomediaproject I would find it

not just any rock, a magic rock. Also if mask changes in the art contest, people will still be voting on it, but in the art portion

5 Likes

I was talking about her mask. Hence why I quoted you saying “the mask”.

So do the same for the sword.

2 Likes

I’m done, this is pointless. I said above that both sides won’t be satisfied and will argue for their side unless definitive proof is shown. You’ll never bend from your view and neither will I so there’s no reason to keep this conversation going.

That’s
not how the art contest works. We vote on the mask so we can have unified art, so everyone is judged only on their artwork and not what mask they used in their art.

bro helyrx’s moc entry wore a pakari. thats not really how it has worked for any of the contests so far. the hagah had the opt in option which I think worked fine enough

4 Likes

There have been three competitions so far, and everyone who draws art has been able to change masks in art. (Except for bomonga, kualus)
What are you talking about?

8 Likes

I don’t like the idea of a MOCist choosing if Tuyet has or hasn’t a weapon, that something we should end up resolving before the contest if she would have a BB, any weapon or no weapon canonized.

If it’s decided that she must have a BB, I could acept that the MOC has a placeholder sword, only if in the artportion is requiered a new weapon almost ready to 3D print, like the masks (or made of Lego pieces). I don’t want a somehow ambigous weapon.

About the mask, it should be decided only in the art portion. It makes more interesting the art portion, and would avoid people voting for a MOC just for her mask. Same with the Nui Stone, to be decided in the art portion.

3 Likes