BIONICLE G2 Story Theories/Analysis Topic

It contains all 6 elemental powers. I’m guessing powers similar to all of the toa’s golden masks combined.

Yup. In the video you can see colors of all element, while makuta is forging the mask

#elementofultimatepowerconfirmed2015

Bust seriously, I doubt they will actually cross them over. I know as of right now it is possible, and I’d like some kind of direct connection, but I doubt it will actually happen. I also wonder what this means for mask making, it would seem that we won’t see and ta-mator-- I mean fire villagers, making any more masks for us. Looks like mask making now requires either some special knowledge, rare tools, or unique power, or all of the above.

As far as the Vahi thing goes, sounds like BZP and TTV both talked to the employee personally about it, and interpreted his response differently. What will actually happen with that, I don’t know, but I doubt it’ll be a direct connection to the old storyline.

1 Like

Well, we can see Vezon poppin’ up :3

My god he would make such a good villain for next year.

1 Like

well no dah there the same there named the same not trying to be offensive but its pretty obvious that either the new
toa ar from the future or the past

Illogical.

Pretty sure Bionicle 2015 is an altered-timeline prequel.

Essentially the original timeline occurs, however when the great masks are brought together in a ceremony celebrating the downfall of Teridax, Teridax’s consciousness escapes travelling back in time via the power of the masks. The Toa chase after him however the timeline is altered by Teridax existing in the past. As such the Toa lose the memories of the previous timeline which is currently under threat of never existing anymore.

The Toa’s main goal is to unite the three masks and gain the ability to fix the timeline, however along the way they will meet many warped versions of the previous friends and enemies along the way. A primary example of this would be the Skull Spiders, a combination of the Bohrok and Visorak.

At the culmination of the first year Takanuva arrives, revealing that he made the journey with the other Toa however was delayed on the journey for unknown reasons. Takanuva would be the one to explain the Toa’s backstory which would coincide with the release of the books in Summer.

At the end of the second year, the Toa would realise that they have no way of saving the original timeline and that while the new timeline is not the way they remembered it, they should still strive to make it the best they can. As for the third year, that would reveal that Teridax is still alive and his consciousness would take over the sleeping Makuta and revive him in a final battle for the Mask of Ultimate Power.

Part of me feels giving the Vahi time travel abilities with the second half would be a little weak on the writing part making the mask very over-powered and stunting the script, as such how about the Vahi allowing the Toa to see altered timelines? Allowing for small appearances of the older characters. The Vahi being the opposite half would also be what triggers the Toa to remember the past when wearing it.

Essentially it would be revealed as a prequel during the third year with the appearance of Teridax, though it would be hinted throughout.

@ENDfilms

Personally fan-theory of mine is that the six elements when combined become corrupt turning into the Mask Of Shadows, explaining the new universe’s version of the Mask Of Shadows. Similar to when playing as a kid, you mix the primary colours together and it makes black.

Alternatively the opposite could occur with the Mask of Ultimate power representing the combination of all the elements essentially making it a corrupted version of the Mask of Light, which would make sense at to why its true form is obscured in the imagery we’ve seen.

2 Likes

There is no mask of shadows as far as we know.

@ENDfilms
True, not as we know, that’s why I claimed it as a fan-theory. I just cant imagine them not transferring certain elements such as The Mask Of Light, The Mask Of Shadows, etc…

1 Like

How could there be a Takanuva before the events of MoL? Unless there was some way toa could return to matoran form.

1 Like

@CausticKrana
Well… the events of Bionicle 2015 could be taking place occuring both before and after the events of MoL.

After;
The Toa are all versions from after the story ended in 2010

Before;
The story has the potential to be retold as they travelled into the past

1 Like

The part that confuses me is that the original timeline and the share the same past? Am I getting this right?

@CausticKrana
Basically the way I understand it is that we have the original timeline marked by the upper line. At some point near the end of that timeline they travelled back in time to point (A) which resulted in a splintered timeline. The events of the original universe happened and all the Toa will eventually remember all the events that happened, yet for the moment they don’t. The events of the old universe can still occur but they will be warped slightly by the Toa travelling back in time. Essentially the Star Trek Reboot universe theory.

2 Likes

Two separate timelines. No split timeline Zelda-Timeywimy bullcrap here. Just two complete key different timelines that can’t even be connected by an Olmak.

1 Like

…we never know. I’m guessing they’re keeping it mysterious intentionally at least for now so old fans can make theories and fanfics that bind the two together, just as I have done.

@SammySpartan
Except we know that they used the Star Trek reboot as a way to describe the timeline. The inclusion of the Vahi in the storyline trailer also hints that its the same universe to an extent just set at a different point in time.

The lack of memory of the Toa/Masters hints at it being set in the past rather than the future (As the events they experienced are in flux) and the basic story of Ekimu & Makuta mirroring the storyline of Mata Nui and Makuta seems a little too coincidental.

If it is a splintered universe then we could see events occur in a similar way but altered slightly resulting in similar imagery or storylines that are almost exactly the same. An example being Tahu lava surfing to save a matoran/protector or a place similar to Ta-Koro being attacked by servants of Makuta.

Granted its not confirmed, but as a theory I feel its probably pretty close to what we’ll end up getting explained as the ‘twist’ of the new Bionicle Era.

4 Likes

I think the toa nuva went back in time with the mask of time. Sometime
during the battle against the bohrok kal.

So i would say based on my theory soft reboot.

2 Likes

Holy crap… The Toa Mata did say they all had very similar “Dark Dreams” before awakening on Mata Nui. Could this all be those “Dark Dreams?” I mean, I doubt it, but that’d still be cool.

2 Likes

MNOG: The HD 2015 Remake.