BIONICLE Headcanons

I like to imagine that many of the GSR inhabitants were well and truly star struck at just how vast the planet of Spherus Magna was in comparison to their old homeworld. A planet so unbelievably massive as to seem infinite in its scope that many look back at the GSR and can’t help but to develop a sense of claustrophobia in regards to it.

3 Likes

Some day I shall through the power of magic alter the canon to allow for non psionics secondary element matoran not stated to only be one gender in mainline story material to have a 50/50 gender split

1 Like

I mean, that wouldn’t really contradict canon… check out my favorite Greg quote right here:

Nothing intrinsic connects gender and element. While no genderlock-breaking characters appeared in the story materials, it would not contradict canon to feature them.

4 Likes

ye so it’s iffy anyways that works. now the hard part is I will now need to write around what little we know about nocturn. I was gonna give him a backstory as a matoran shot with a reconstitute at random disk but apparently an entire species that looks like him exists

2 Likes

In my head canon there is a lot of or a decent amount of variety inside species of matoran universe.
For example Brutaka, Nocturn, Axonn, Krekka are part of their own species.

I assume Brutaka could be an exceptional member of his species. a little bit taller and smarter etc. Heck many of his speices might not even be warriors but merchants, scholars, villagers etc.

I assume Krekka is an above average in strenght when compared to others of his species. He survived an encounter with Gorast, not a small feat. Heck he could be smarter/dumber than they are. It would be nice to know a slave species is not made solely of dumb members if you catch my meaning.

I assume Nocturn too was a special memeber of his species. they all have 4 arms but nocturn was stronger and clearly more mad than they were.

The shadowed one species is made of very different inviduals, Tyrant, Conjujer, Ancient and TSO himself. Why others couldn’t have same kinds of in species differences too?

Kalmah: what did he break?
Taxadox: The island

I assume their population has decreased substantially

3 Likes

I mean I made nocturn as just a part of his species and not his own thing of a random matoran reconstituted work well enough in what I was writing anyways. as for nocturns species they are all amphibious according to bs01 so presumably they would be fine without an island

here is the end result of the thing I wanted to do with nocturn lol

2 Likes

I liked the line “force of psionics would have fried any more intelligent being” XD

Your head canon?: intelligent beings are more vulnerable to spychic attacks? Could work in some situation as “one can’t break anything if there is nothing much to break” lol

But in the end I think Nocturn would be hurt and baddly but with determination he managed to attack anyway.

but still cool line

2 Likes

I think the point is that nocturn was just dumb already so it did not do much. the lobotomy part was more hyperbole lol

1 Like

lmao

dont wanna even think about it tbh.

3 Likes

makuta could have made horcruxes??

4 Likes

tbh it probably evaporated or died off.

2 Likes

New, small headcanon: y’know how the Makoki Stones had the Toa’s names on them during 01? The Turaga chiselled those into the stones themselves.

5 Likes

When Zaktan fully turns into a swarm, his Zamor Launcher goes to the same place Optimus Prime’s trailer goes when he transforms.

5 Likes

The Ignika assimilated some of Matoro’s consciousness into itself, which was then assimilated by Mata Nui when he was trapped there. Thus, Matoro lives on, from a certain point of view

2 Likes

Many of the dark hunters bizarre appearances are the result of modifications, both willing and unwilling, hence them not resembling their original species. For example, Eliminator is Steltian who willingly underwent heavy self-modification to give himself his various abilities.

6 Likes

When Takanuva returned from Karda Nui, he lent his Power Lance to Nuparu so he could learn how to replicate its advanced technology. In the process, Nuparu disassembled the tool and was unable to put it back together in time for Takanuva to go the Bara Magna with Tahu. As a result, Takanuva was forced to use whatever he could get his hands on, so he chose a pair of familiar weapons for that battle. Takanuva didn’t simply discard his Power Lance, but sacrificed it for the greater good. With the knowledge Nuparu gained, Metru Nui Matoran are now able to manufacture more powerful Toa Tools that they otherwise would not have developed for another 10,000 years.

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure Lehvak-Kal could make a comeback, provided it wasn’t crushed between Aqua Magna and Bara Magna when Spherus Magna was reunited.

I know Greg’s said that it would burn up in the atmosphere, but Lehvak-Kal’s vacuum powers should be able to prevent that, as well as provide upwards lift to prevent high-velocity impact with the surface.

The same could also be said of the Tahnok that Nuhvok-Kal sent into space; they would presumably be fireproof against reentering the atmosphere, and at least some of them should have krana Vu.

6 Likes

There is a “default” design for Toa programmed into the Matoran a.i. that the Matoran will assume in the event they have no true perception of what a Toa should would look like. This default design resembling a more streamlined version of Helryx’s design.

3 Likes

That’d be the Mata’s design, right? Non-deteriorated

1 Like

I suppose that’d be a reasonable assumption, though I like to think the Mata foot for a chest piece is common, mostly because I’m just really fond of that design detail.

1 Like