BIONICLE Headcanons

A Tahtorak would be big enough.

Imagine how big it would be with the Mask of Growth. That’s probably 120+ feet, unless the Mask of Growth’s description is taken extremely literally and every single user tops out at 60 feet regardless of original height.

Also, what if the kaita activated the Shrinking and Growth powers at the same time?

4 Likes

The he stays the same size as they counteract each other?

That’s exactly how it works.

Sentrakh never saw the disk coming. One moment, he was functioning normally, the next he was 20 feet high and slamming his head into the rafters. A second later, a second disk hit and he was reduced in size to six inches.

While Sentrakh’s height was never directly given anywhere, the model can be used to get an estimate. According to the phenomenal work done by others, Sentrakh is around 2.29 bio. Given that Toa are 1.6 bio, Sentrakh is about 43% taller than Toa. Even though he was hit with a disk of unspecified power level, we know the limit of a Great Pehkui is six inches, the same height Sentrakh shrank to. If it scaled with the target’s normal height, Sentrakh should’ve shrank to about 8 and a half inches.

If that’s how Shrink works, most definitely it’s how Growth works, too.

1 Like

can a Kaita use multiple mask powers at the same time?

The shrink Disk is probably more powerful than a Pehkui. One of the tidbits on Disk Dueling is that a Matoran was shrunk so small that he was never found, so it’s most likely he was shorter than 6.

Headcanon: the Pehkui’s limit of 6 inches is actually intentionally made, as going any smaller makes you start to lose strength exponentially (you do actually lose some strength when you shrink with a Pehkui, but up to six inches this effect is negligible). It is theoretically possible to make a Pehkui that shrinks you more than Norik’s, but it’s not something any sane mask maker would do.

1 Like

Not possible. Great Kanohi directly correspond to level 8 disks, from which they are made. Same with Noble Kanohi and level 7 disks. If the limit for a Great Pehkui is 6 inches, that means it’s the limit for a level 8 Shrink disk, which is the most you can get.

The source for that is the Ministry of Tourism site, and the books take precedence.

I’ve discussed that a bit here.

I actually didn’t know this until now:

At first, I was about to tell you that you were wrong, and that power leeches out of masks during the mask-making process. But then, when I checked the source for that, it turns out it only applied to disks at Level 1-6, and it was backed up by this later statement:

Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 9.03.31 PM

(The ability to increase the size of parts of the body and shrink others could be a potential ability)

3 Likes

I like to believe that Jaller released his Hahnah crab right before the final confrontation with the Barraki. More or less telling his crab to “Go now and save yourself”.

5 Likes

Looks kinda like a 2001 noble mask, TBH

Mostly due to its simplistic design.

This is a really interesting theory. There’s not a ton of evidence for it, but there’s also nothing against it, and it creates links between more parts of the story.

2 Likes

I recently came across some Greg Quotes asking about the concept of “Toa-Kal”, and, after thinking about it for a bit, I realized that, from a story perspective, it makes more sense for the Toa Nuva to actually be Toa-Kal, rather than Energized-Protodermis-enhanced Toa.

For starters, the Toa Nuva’s transformation is pretty underwhelming when compared to other Energized Protodermis transformations seen in the story. The change from “Toa” to “stronger Toa with silver armour” is instead more similar to the Bohrok-Kal’s changes from “Bohrok” to “stronger Bohrok with silver armour”.

The consistency of the mutagen’s effects is also more in line with the Toa Nuva’s transformations, rather than relying on “destiny” to explain why all six Toa, plus the extra Kanohi that they eventually recovered, all underwent near-identical transformations (as opposed to just being destroyed).

Finally, it also makes more sense that the Bahrag would have tubes of Kal-mutagen laying around, instead of Energized Protodermis.

5 Likes

Just an idea: it says on the Sapient Species page on BioSector1 that the Toa Nuva and Toa Hordika are subspecies of Toa, because of their being mutations formed from exposing Toa to other substances. Shouldn’t that mean, then, that the Rahaga and the Toa Inika and Mahri are also subspecies of Toa, because they were all formed from mutations as well?

I don’t think the Rahaga would be, since they were mutated to the point that they were no longer considered Toa; they were unable to use their Elemental Powers, or create Toa Stones.

The next thing I’ll point out is that the Inika and Mahri weren’t formed by mutations. The Toa Inika were created by a standard emergency procedure in the Red Star, while the Mahri were directly changed by the Kanohi Ignika.

My guess is that neither group is currently considered a subspecies because, although they have unique powers/abilities, those abilities don’t affect their “Toa abilities” in the same way that the Toa Nuva’s or Toa Hordika’s transformations did.

However, I’m not 100% sure about that. It could be worth bringing this up in the Discussion page on BS01 as well.

The Rahaga and Toa Hordika still had their powers limited in similar ways. The Toa Hordika couldn’t use their mask powers and, while it’s never directly stated, it can be assumed the same applies to the Rahaga. The Toa Hordika also had their elemental powers severely limited.

But the Inika got lightning powers, and the Mahri got water breathing…

Umarak the Hunter is an honorary Piraka.

2 Likes

I would have put him as a dark hunter personally (hunter literally is in his name) :slight_smile:
But his face/mask would work just fine for the piraka too, he does have antlers like Zaktan or Reidak.

1 Like

The Beast on the move
Bully comin’ through
Trigger, Tracer, Drifter, Hunter too
Add The Snake that makes Piraka crew*

3 Likes