Bionicle Ignition 3

I saw the trailer for the ignition 3 movie coming out and thought id make a topic about it. Also wondering when it will be coming out exactly.

7 Likes

my understanding from what I last heard is that it’s gonna be coming out in a TV series-like format rather than a single movie

3 Likes

They are still recruiting editors and animators, which makes me believe that a release date announcement might be unlikely in the near future.

3 Likes

Oh I see so it’s not finished yet and could still be awhile.

2 Likes

I haven’t actually heard about this project before. Is it stop-motion animation? Computer-animated?

2 Likes

It should be stop-motion animation, at least from what I can remember that is what it started as.

3 Likes

!!!

7 Likes

That shot of Matoro’s sacrifice looks absolutely sweet. If that animation is a “trashy placeholder”, I can’t even imagine what the final product will look like.

It’s also great to see that they’ll be covering everything from 2008, not just the primary story from the novels.

4 Likes

I agree! That is some impressive animation there.

2 Likes

Hello! I’m actually an animator for the project and it will be releasing in an episodic format. There’s still a lot of editing to be done.

3 Likes

It’s a mix. The characters are all Stopmotion, but there is plenty of cgi backgrounds and effects. There’s a lot that hasn’t been shown and it’s very impressive. And let me tell you, some of those 3D backgrounds allow for some crazy shots, like nothing you’ve ever seen in a Bionicle Stopmotion animation

4 Likes