Bionicle in School

So we all love Bionicle right? And I’m sure a lot of us enjoy opportunities to bring it up in our every day lives.

Something I like to do is incorporate it into school projects. Whether that be making a Cell City map of Metru Nui for Biology, a Google Images presentation on the brand as a whole, or getting to read a number of the novels for an open reading project in English.

And then I wondered, do other people use Bionicle in school projects? Or if not in school, where else? I’m curious! So let’s discuss. Do you ever get to use Bionicle in projects you do? I’d love to hear about it!

12 Likes

I brought my Brutaka to school in 3rd grade and was immediately bullied for it.

22 Likes

In fifth grade we were given a geography project: we had to create a map utilizing at least twenty geographical features that we had been taught about in class. To make it easier/more exciting for us, we were also told to make the island around a theme. I made a wonderful little locale known as Iruini Island, a kualsi-shaped island stuffed full of some sixty-odd Bionicle-themed geographical features. I’ll have to see if I still have a picture of it somewhere…

9 Likes

Sounds interesting! I’d love to see it.

2 Likes

I brought my copy of the Nov-Dec 2001 issue of LEGO Mania Magazine (the one with the lego globe on it) for show and tell in first grade. All of the people I went to school with were lego kids so they thought it was cool. From first to fourth grade my friends and i would always talk bionicle, bring our toas to school, and order the books from scholastic. After that we all outgrew them, even me. I started collecting lego star wars around that time.

There was this bully on the bus who always used to pick on me for liking bionicle. He was a jerk, never amounted to anything. Got into drugs for a while when he got older. My last high school presentation was about the LEGO company and I remember getting a perfect grade for it so that was pretty awesome.

13 Likes

I…

actually don’t think I’ve done anything for school with Bionicle, aside from maybe one or two photos for Photography 1.

1 Like

Sadly, the BIONICLE lore doesn’t come in handy in computer science. :confused:

The closest I got was including a few MOCs in my portfolio for a 3D modeling/animation class.

3 Likes

Yeah, I feel that I n would never be threated like the same guy if I came in with my Uniters at school.

1 Like

I wrote a paper on Bionicle.

2 Likes

I used to bring my 2003 Hewkii to school and one of my old friends brought his bonkle (can’t remember what which one) as little kids, then I had to move and never saw him again, oof

1 Like

Whenever I had a writing assignment, if it was free enoguh, i would work BIO in. I had to write a short story of Vignette, and I wrote A Shadowy Start which is on the boards somewhere.

2 Likes

I wrote a whole research paper on Bionicle for writing class. And I brought some sets outside the school to take pictures.

2 Likes

I made a summary of tale of the toa for my english class 4 years ago.

2 Likes

In tenth grade we had to hold a presentation in German class (I live in Germany) about whatever topic we wanted. So of course I immediately decided to hold it about Bionicle since a) It would be more fun than work, b) I knew enough lore by heart to not even have to bother researching stuff for the majority of the presentation and c) I didn’t care a bit that not a soul in my class had ever cared for Bionicle.

I talked for 60 minutes straight while my teacher went through another class’ exams and my classmates did whatever. I’m pretty sure no one listened. But that was fine by me since my teacher just gave me an A in the end, said I obviously was really passionate about the topic, then ended the lesson.

9 Likes

In my college’s public speaking course I gave a presentation on a history of LEGO, and of course, I included our bio-mechanical friends. (I also played the “too much pasta” clip from The TTV Podcast when I gave a presentation on podcasts as an entertainment medium)

7 Likes

During my first and second years of college (UK equivilant of High School if you’re american & reading this) I incorporated Bionicle into my art coursework; creating a body of work called Biomechanical Trauma, in which I would make something using Bionicle as a base, and cover it with a variety of materials and melt them onto it. These materials would include paint, wire, newspaper and clingfilm, some even using broken PC components. I absolutely loved making them.

Funnily enough, this all started because I wan’t enjoying the art course; and my art teacher could tell - he noticed I’d been doodling Bionicle pieces and suggested using them in some sculptural work because clearly the work I was taking on wasn’t interesting me at all; so I really owe the idea to him.

Example of one of the earlier sculptures:

22 Likes

NICE!

1 Like

That looks sick dude.

2 Likes

I remember being bullied in school for liking LEGO (although I wasn’t as much into Bionicle back then as I am now).

2 Likes

Dude this is amazing!

2 Likes