BIONICLE is Officially Cancelled

Haha the memes are hilarious. On that note though, nexo knights just got a pretty decent music video. Where was that for Bionicle this time around? Compared to G1…G2 got very little in that respect.

8 Likes

G2 had no official music video, so it got nothing in that respect.

7 Likes

You know, I’m just gonna throw this out there because I think it’ll be fun, and because we could use some lightening up.

If G2 really got the love and attention G1 did with its marketing, what kind of silly stuff would they have come up with?

I ask this because we got Rahkshi Rock, the Piraka Rap, and all kinds of other wonderfully goofy things from G1’s marketing and media, and I just want to hear the G2 parodies of it.

7 Likes

I could see Kulta and his lackeys dancing to ‘Spooky Scary Skeletons’.

I mean, who couldn’t? :stuck_out_tongue:

Journey to One could have had a gag reel, too.

10 Likes

THE BONES ON THE LOOSE
NOTHING YOU CAN DO
THE WARRIOR, THE BASHER, THE SLICER, THE SCORPIO, THE GRINDER
ALL OF THAT MAKES SKULL VILLAINS

I dunno, it just doesn’t have the same ring to it. I feel like it’s missing something… maybe the bright colors don’t have enough edge? No, that’s not it, the skeleton aesthetic is edgy enough to warrant the rap… Maybe it’s their names? No, not that, I’ve got it!

There we go. Modern day marketing needs modern day memes.

Note: I just found this lovely gem of a pic, I didn’t make it.

20 Likes

Now why didn’t we get this stuff from LEGO?

Also, “I didn’t sleep.” Very clever.

5 Likes

Meso voice: Exactly.

6 Likes

No BIONICLE (obviously) and no replacement in the catalog this year from what I’ve heard.

1 Like

[quote=“pizzacheetah, post:1075, topic:26884”] Rahkshi Rock,
[/quote]

U WOT M8?

2 Likes

I’m personally thinking that if there is a replacement, it’ll be in the summer or fall of next year.

3 Likes

Lego has tweeted before that they aren’t going to replace Bionicle with anything.

They could be doing damage control, since they know how ticked off the fanbase was when they announced HF.

Or worse, the replacement is Star Wars… :astonished:

7 Likes

“Bionicle will not be replaced. In other news, here’s this brand new constraction IP that totally is not replacing Bionicle in anyway. Totally not. Just a coincidence really. Heh.”

–TLG
/s

8 Likes

They said they had nothing planned currently, all that realy means is they hadnt worked on something else other then Bionicle.

5 Likes

Makuta is purple is he not?

3 Likes

yea, he’s purple.

2 Likes

Makuta is angsty pink comfirmed

5 Likes

Made this Topic because someone asked.