BIONICLE Legacy project on LEGO Ideas

Hi all! Please check out and support my BIONICLE project on LEGO Ideas! BIONICLE Legacy aims to please longtime fans as well as potentially attract new ones. I wanted to remain faithful to original story motifs while also leaving an element of open-endedness so as to encourage a wider appeal.

BIONICLE Legacy: Storytelling with the LEGO Brick

My questions for you all are as follows:

#1. In a future update, I feel like I need to further justify why Takua is included as a figure. I think adding another play feature for Takua would be beneficial. But the total piece count for BIONICLE Legacy is already at ~2850, so I’m trying to think of something that could be economical parts-wise, but also add play value to the set. Any thoughts?

#2. Do you have any advice about other fan groups you may be aware of that may be interested in supporting this idea? Where else can this idea be promoted?

I hope you can help this project get on shelves as an official set! Thank you!

33 Likes

Will you make decals for faces at some point?

1 Like

This thing has 2850 pieces? Really? This project really doesn’t look like it has that many pieces…

1 Like

@Axelford

I may, though at the moment I do not have the software to do it! It would be really cool to fully render that concept though.

@LegoDavid

Yes, most of it is unseen in the structure underneath the platforms (for stability/connectivity). I may look into ways to reduce the total amount of pieces if it will benefit the overall concept.

While I, or anyone on this site, would love to see this become a reality, I don’t see it happening. Lego already rejected this - which reached support in under a week, mind you - for sets that were almost objectively less worthy: an oversized, inevitably overpriced house; a typewriter replica built completely around an illegal building technique; and a vignette from a show no one watches anymore.

Forgive me if I’m coming across as harsh. Believe me, I really, truly would love to see this be accepted, but we need to be realistic.

@Winger

Oh I’m well aware – I was among those disappointed with that decision. And you may be right. This has a loong way to go toward gaining support. But this project has been something I’ve had in the pipeline for a while and figured: now or never.

Can’t hurt to put in a good healthy effort to TRY at this point! Sure, I’m managing my expectations, but that’s not deterring me from going forward with this project with the enthusiasm that Lego will take some notice. Thanks for your honest feedback :+1:

1 Like

It was a month. It hit a support milestone in a week, I forget if it was 1,000 or 5,000, it did not reach 10k in a week, that would be absolutely absurd.

5 Likes

Oh. Could’ve sworn it was a week…

edit: oh, no that was the original Minecraft set on CUUSOO. my bad.

I don’t know enough about it, I only know that Minecraft was the only one I’ve heard about to go faster than the Sokoda project.

3 Likes

I wasn’t paying enough attention at the time that Minecraft was on Ideas, but I do remember how fast Sokoda’s project took off. How did it happen?

It just had a really great reception across several platforms, as far as I can tell. It was one of the first (and arguably the best) projects. That and Sokoda was already a known member of the community.

1 Like

Mostly because of the heavy promoting it got from the TTV Channel. Unless your project gets promoted by them, I doubt it would reach 10K supporters.

2 Likes

@LegoDavid @Winger

Noted. I’ll consider reaching out to them soon. I’ve started to plan updates to this project for major milestones, so I’m definitely hoping to keep moving toward those goals!

Hey everyone - my first update is up now! Let me know what you think!

Check it out here

4 Likes

Hey all,

My newest update for the project on Lego Ideas has gone up! It includes several additions, as well as refinements. Take a look, and of course let me know what you think!

BIONICLELegacytitle

BIONICLELegacyAssembled_Toa_2

Thanks, I hope you’ll continue to join me in spreading the word and rallying support! B1z

9 Likes

Hey Bionicle fans! For the past few months, I’ve been working at the latest and largest expansion of my MOC on Lego Ideas. I hope you’ll check it out and lend support if you like! :grin: Thanks!

BIONICLE Legacy

5 Likes

It deserved a better support :confused:

3 Likes