Bionicle LEGO Ideas Compendium

just in time for bionicle day lesgo

6 Likes

I’ve seen faber share instagram stories promoting it maybe for 810NICLE day

We did it! Congrats Axel :partying_face::partying_face:

5 Likes

Whoa, we got another Bionicle Ideas set that qualifies for review! Congratulations, Axelford! I’m really amazed that you managed to get 10,000 supporters for your product!

That said…

Not to sound pessimistic, but after Sokoda’s Ideas project got rejected, I pretty much gave up on having any other Bionicle Ideas set get approved. Because, well…who else would a brick-built GSR appeal to besides Bionicle fans? What would it look like to a casual consumer?

“A big gray robot? Uh…okay.”

In any case, given Lego Ideas’ track record, they’d probably just pick some stupid sitcom diorama set or brick-built pencil instead.

6 Likes

TLG heavily redesigns any submission, I meant to weather it but if it somehow made it through, I’m sure they’d spice it up with some rust and vines 'n stuff. Still could market it as a large robot frame, that sort of thing. Who knows.

10 Likes

Nothing against Sokoda or his project but I think “big grey robot” has a wider mainstream appeal than “3 dioramas that only a specific niche fanbase will understand the context for, let alone what’s even happening in some of them.”

Granted, the GSR wouldn’t be my first pick as far as mainstream iconography goes either, but I at least think it has a slightly better chance than Sokoda’s did.

EDIT:
A few new projects that are worth mentioning:
Grumblebricks put out another project, has a strong early brickonicle contest feel.

Also, Seuss made this large takanuva in a vaguely similar scale to the recent marvel figures

11 Likes

If you haven’t voted for this one yet, it needs 3K more votes in 48 days and got a staff endorsement from Lego:

My analysis says if it gets the votes, it will likely pass review, and we can add 1 more new Bionicle set to our store of victories.

8 Likes

I just recently updated my project with new builds and prints. It only has 47 days left to reach the next supporter milestone

6 Likes

The head statue project reached 10K! :partying_face:

13 Likes

Hooray!!

5 Likes