BIONICLE: Mask of Control App

Brief review by Apple Magazine

1 Like

I’ll be honest, the graphics look like trash.

Like I know it’s really hard to really get a good model in mobile game graphics but the black borders and bright colors do not help whatsoever.

No one said that for JtO. I’d say the models are almost identical to the show, albeit lower quality.

1 Like

Well you might be right about the color choice, it seems pretty similar to the show, although I haven’t done a full comparison to see if the colors are the same.

I think the really low poly designs combined withe the abnormally large streaks of black to show outlines really doesn’t look good in my opinion. The show had outlines, too, however they were slightly noticeable and weren’t as streak-like or big.

1 Like

The game has been recently updated. You’re now able to play as Kopaka, Gali, and Onua and fight Umarak the Destroyer.

I really hope someone does a playthrough of the new levels…

I would liked to have done so if I had the technology to do the recording. Long story short, only the other three Toa and Umarak are worth playing for the second half. You can pick any three Toa before a level with the first one being selected for the fight on the far left (which will always have just one enemy, even on the Umarak stages). Umarak the Destroyer whilst impressive from his low-res Journey to One model is somewhat glitchy in certain places when he somehow is standing in the air above you or vice versa. Not to mention that he’s the only character that emits any sound that is not made by any weapons or hits, all in growls.

1 Like

Now Comic

5 Likes

Kopaka: That’s bad

Gali: No s***

13 Likes

Ok as soon as I get home, I’m posing the destroyer like this. It just looks freakin awesome

Also, it appears the mask of control isn’t just mind control… it’s full control. Environment, minds, you name it, he controls it. Which also means that Umarak knows how to use the mask… Jesus Christ on a pogo stick, this dude is OP!

8 Likes

Can you play through the entire game as Kopaka?

What proof is there in the game?

1 Like

The fact everything is falling apart in the comic just by Umarak hitting the ground. If it’s not the mask, his brute strength is equally as overpowered

oh wait, Im late…

5 Likes

You gotta choose 3 Toa to play.

But you can choose Kopaka each time.

Also, his model is really weird. His neck…doesn’t look right…

Also, anyone else notice that Onua’s in-game model is the prototype version?

1 Like

You can only choose Kopaka once in each round

That’s what I meant.

You can play as Kopaka each level, so you can technically play the whole game as Kopaka, but Kopaka + 2 other Toa.

Warning! Spoiler Alert!

1 Like

that is so G1, only if they became one…