BIONICLE Mata Nui Online Game: Unofficial Japanese translation

I’ve announced on my Twitter account a while ago, we team of Japanese BIO-Fans have completed an unofficial Japanese translation of MNOG.
(I was the organizer of the project, and in charged of the translation to Japanese)

20years ago, In Japan, we Fans felt big sad to MNOG has only English or Dansk.
Many child tried play it, but couldn’t understand Matoran’s language, and gave up its full clear.

But NOW, We’ve get to understand English, and finished it.

People who still fans of Bionicle, or who quit because they couldn’t follow the world view when they were children, and who met BIONICLE for the first time.
Many people are playing MNOG unofficial Japanese translations.

In this country, Japan, the Legend still continue, and just began.
Now I must say this word:

"Gathered Friends…"

※This Janapsese-translation-patch is just a fan-creation, and it doesn’t have any relationship woth LEGO and its aliances.
We don’t have any will to attack or causing damage to LEGO and its aliances.
and If we recieved any warnings by LEGO and its aliances, we will stop releasing this with no notice.

And in this patch, there are many Free translations.
we made an effort to closer to original meanings, but if you dislike them, please forgive us!

※This program had created to works well with Computers that made in Japanese. If YOU or YOUR Computer are not Japanese, it may not works or Break yours. BE CAREFUL!!
※AND If this program gave any damage to you, we can’t can’t claim responsibility. Please UNDERSTAND!!

Add: Mr. Faber liked this project in my Insta! Thank you! :revolving_hearts:

24 Likes

This is fantastic!

So, this is a patch for the actual game? I wonder if you could get this onto BioMedia Project so anyone who needs this version can have easy access to it!

2 Likes

Thank you @Pakari ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :blush: :blush:

This is real patch, and I share on my Twitter.(I fix it on TOP tweet→ https://twitter.com/ibukkey)

But I don’t know if it’s okay to put this on the BioMedia Project (this is a translation, but strictly a fan creation, not official), and if so, how to contact them. So I’m a little reluctant. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Salute to this great work.

I have also translated some bionicle comics and short series, and I know that what you are doing is a job that requires a lot of patience and time, not to mention that you are making a translation for the game, which is much more troublesome than simply translating the text. I respect all this very much.

By the way, I have some official translated novels in Chinese. I also wander if biomedia and bs01 are interested in receiving these non-English bionicle books.

2 Likes

Thank you @ToaVictor! :blush: :blush: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

It was so hard, but I didn’t it only me, my Great friend had lend me his skills and advices about programing!(He’s a BIONICLE fan too)

And in Japanese, there is a unique feature that the first person notation is different for each person’s personality.
(Wild man’s “ORE”(俺), Docile man’s “BOKU”(僕), Dignified man’s “WATASHI”(私), or Arrogant man’s “WAGAHAI(我輩)”… etc)
When translating, I had more and more difficulty expressing the character of each person! :cry: :sweat_smile:

I say aside too, when the MoL movies were released in Japan, all the official voice actors were famous actors in Japan.
An example is …

Takua / Takanuva : Mamoru Miyano (UltramanZero, Setsuna F. Seiei, and Riku from KingdomHearts)
Pohatu : Keiji Fujiwara (Tony Stark in Japanese-translation, Axel/Lea from KingdomHearts, and Hiroshi Nohara from Crayon Shin-chan)
Lewa : Toshiyuki Morikawa (Sephiroth from FF7, Bondrewd from Made in Abyss, Jonouchi Katsuya from Yu-Gi-Oh)

etc! :wink:

2 Likes

we use 我 to translate most of first person pronouns, and other pronouns like 俺, 私, 朕 are considered only in very special cases.

The most difficult thing for me is the translation of names. The commonly used translation of some characters is not always the same among different translators.

Take Kopaka as an example, some people will translate into 库帕卡, others into 高柏嘉, all based on the pronunciation of Kopaka, but according to our literary translation habits, we are more inclined to choose the latter, because 高(tall) 柏(evergreen tree) 嘉 (glorious) all have positive meaning, which is more suitable for a toa of ice in sense of language, which in my opinion may also be a way to help create characters.

3 Likes