Bionicle MOC - Ahl'Groth - The Spider Lord

Hey so I recently acquired a great deal of dark red parts. That’s pretty much all the backstory behind this moc, I made him in a few hours on sunday night and I’m pretty happy with how he turned out.

Ahl’Groth:

Action Shots:

Closeups:

Hope you all like it! C&C is much appreciated

93 Likes

Menacing! The contrast and colour distribution, as well as some impressive camera work, really make him pop! I don’t like the feet-hands though… and a more technical look at the construction of the torso would be appreciated.

1 Like

I can post an indepth look at the torso at some point if you like. As for the feet hands, they’re made that way purely because I don’t have enough black t-bar parts… Need to do some bricklink orders

1 Like

This is fantastic! My only complaint is that the eyes blend with the other trans blue the n the build. Maybe make them another color?

1 Like

I did consider that and normally for a moc with onlt 2 eyes i would, however with a big cluster of studs it really didn’t look good. I do get that however

2 Likes

This is really cool
I like the slim look it has

1 Like

Beautiful color scheme, definitely gives LOSS a run for his money!

1 Like

I feel I can barley see the head because of how well it blends in with the torso, and I feel the upper legs clash a bit with the ccbs parts, but jeez it is very impressive with the colour scheme and shaping.

1 Like

Yeah it kinda is hard to make out, it’s not as bad irl but in the photos especially, i can see what i can do to fix it

1 Like

I honestly doubt this thing could get any better. This thing is a masterpiece.

1 Like

You would be surprised haha, the feedback ive gotten already has been very helpful :slight_smile:

1 Like

The colors and the build are certainly creative.

1 Like

Good lord, even the name sounds like something straight out of HP Lovecraft’s works.

Love the feel to this, very sleek and intimidating.

1 Like

I’m arachnophobic, but this is still amazing. The colour scheme is good and reminds me of photon type monsters out of Yu Gi Oh

1 Like

This thing legitimately makes me become afraid the closer Iook at it

2 Likes

Funny story the name actually came from my brother’s English teacher. His name is actually Algroth and we thought it was the coolest thing ever.

3 Likes

This color scheme looks great, and the head looks fitting. Overall, the moc has a neat silhouette, and looks really nice. Good job as always.

1 Like

The way you did the head/eyes is wonderful, and truly gives it a spider vibe.

1 Like

oh man, this is wonderful. biggest thing i can see is a bunch of clashing textures with the old-style armor and ccbs.

but this is super great, i just love the aesthetics and color scheme. bravo to you.

1 Like

I like the stabby arms

If you want to edit a post, you can do so by clicking the pencil icon on it. You don’t need to make a new post with a correction, as that is considered ‘Double Posting’ - Waj

2 Likes