Bionicle MOC: Donte, Toa of Edginess

DONTE was once a simple kid living in society, but then he found out that the evil Matoran government was actually corrupt and was enslaving all the Matoran. Thus, as the lone bastion of wisdom and truth, Donte rebelled against society with his immense edge and formed a team to fight back. He currently leads the Toa Bloodedge, who spread the light of freedom to those not edgy enough to see the truth on their own.

Just chillin’

“I’m your prom date you ugly sack of cinnamon!”

Victory pose after becoming the 2 billionth person to defeat Kahi in a court case.

“I…will never become a part of your system!”

“Time for a little rebellion!”

So that’s it. What do you guys think? I made this moc as a way of expressing my feelings. Personally, I’m just so sick of society telling us how to live our lives. This is my rebellion against the rules. I hope it inspires you guys to as well.

-MT

44 Likes

Praz/Critqicim;

• Hiz Armz are de bestest to evar eggizt
  • De Wetpinread iz OMIGU TAHOO levils od amasting
  • De Pirake-a hed is MlG livils of amasting

I gave dit e 873922/ 1
wit e cul dezmond ant e cul hed. yu cand gut mus betar.

Amazetastic! :dog:

4 Likes

Can we see the team? :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

This is incredible, hands down the best of the best. The color scheme is vibrant and eye catching, the blades and amount of weaponry make him out to look quite menacing, and the build is simple yet to the point.

1000/10…

Oh yeah, extra points for the skull instead of some silly old miru

6 Likes

120/16.5

almost as good as skull scorpio

2 Likes

13 Likes

Funny topic, funny MOC.

3 Likes

This is beautiful.

2 Likes

Simply put, this is awful. There’s no color scheme, no flow, and it looks like something my six year old brother would slap together. The ideas put into it could have come from a twelve year old kid trying to be edgy, and overall this “MOC” looks like garbage
0/10

9 Likes

I think you might be overreacting a bit, I mean, this is MT

3 Likes

You’re just mad cause you can’t think outside your systems and rules like I can.

-MT

13 Likes

Your attitude is awful… Can’t you see that the OP spent a lot of time on his work? That he populated the MoC with the deepest of lore? So what if he isn’t a uniform colour scheme - uniformity is for squares, and Toa Donte is as far from being a square as a circle is from being a triangle! Great work, MT. Keep up the good work, looking forwards to seeing more of your work.

Personally, I empathise quite a lot with Donte… For too long, I’ve been disillusioned with the copy/paste, ‘technical’ preoccupation that most MoCs seem to have. Not only does your work break established barriers by representing something, by acting as a portal to your innermost feelings but it also takes things which have been mocked before now (rainbow colour schemes,) and subverts them, masterfully employing them in a way that provokes delight rather than chagrin. If MoCs could be art, Donte is doubtlessly the first instance people will come to reference.

Obviously, this work won’t have much of an impact on the larger MoCing community - but then, perhaps that’s a good thing. If everybody started aping you, Toa Donte of the Bloodedge would no longer have that edgy je ne sais quois, and he’d just be co-apted as another part of ‘the system’. Donte will stand, timeless, as a reminder of the debased, rotting core of MoCing, and an inspiration to all those who want to stand against corruption.

Also, I think it’s very clever how you didn’t include any ‘system’ pieces; bravo, good sir.

9 Likes

http://i.imgur.com/F636xiP.gif

16 Likes

Somehow, I think you’re the one who doesn’t get the joke

looks at camera and winks

6 Likes

Finally someone agrees with me.

It looks like something donte of the donte may dont series would fight

6 Likes
1 Like

0/10 didn’t customize parts or use mega blox. Not edgy enough.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Your wall and carpet…it looks so clean…
I want to FEEL IT
Also nice MOC btw.

5 Likes
4 Likes