Bionicle MOC: FT44

But why?
Almost everything you said was a con though was something that contributes to the MOC’s character…

2 Likes

It may have a lot of character, but that doesn’t make me like how it looks any better.

Would you rather it be a generic boring MOC that looks “amazing”?

I don’t like it. I’m done arguing. Nothing you say about it will change my opinion.

Using the MOC’s character as an excuse for restraints is not appealing to some people.

Well I find that when a MOC’s character matches so perfectly with it’s looks it makes up for the cons…

Not good critique in my opinion.
Some people have different opinions, though. I respect yours.

1 Like

Personally, I like the moc. In the defence of Ghosty here, the red balljoints are probably due to a parts limitation right now. I do agree with Calvatron on some rounded parts either being removed or the moc needs to be more rounded.

well, I was going to comment on this moc, but seeing as I have the same critique as Cal, I won’t because apparently you can’t say something’s a con if it “adds character”.

[quote=“StudentScissorsLeaker, post:18, topic:7972”]
I believe it helps get across the “robot” feel like those are high visibility warning signs.
[/quote]you know what would actually get that across? using warning signs, lego has made them, and considering the amount of system already on the moc it wouldn’t be difficult to replace some parts, or alternatively add some red to the color scheme.

[quote=“StudentScissorsLeaker, post:18, topic:7972”]
Once again this helps convey the idea of it being a some sort of prototype robot that has yet to be perfected.
[/quote]purposefully unfinished is still unfinished, except this looks frankensteined together. it has no flow.

[quote=“StudentScissorsLeaker, post:26, topic:7972, full:true”]
Well I find that when a MOC’s character matches so perfectly with it’s looks it makes up for the cons…
[/quote]except a moc could just be made unfinished and then just called a prototype as a crutch,
saying it adds character is no excuse for a moc looking bad, and if this had some more work put into it to give it more of an actual prototype look, it could actually come across,
but as I see it “character” is no excuse for this mocs cons.

if ghosty actually wants to listen to how he can improve the moc,

-make all the armor it has one texture, curved or sharp,

-either add red parts or get black ball joints,

-if you do want to add warning stripes, actually add them, I actually think it would add to the moc.

-the waist looks out of place compared to the rest of the moc, I would redesign the armor there,

-give the head a slight redesign to get across that it’s a head, while it has some obvious portal inspiration it needs to be refined to look more like it’s the head, like moving the “eye” up,

-fill in the open sockets.

Nice, I like the robotic feel of the MOC.

2 Likes

@Calvatron
@Takua
@Payinku
Thank you for your critiques.
you have the rights not to like the MOC,but i,personnaly,want to keep him like he is.

BTW Thanks @StudentScissorsLeaker

@Cyclops thanks c:

2 Likes

I like the implementation of system pieces, something that I feel usually doesn’t look good on Bionicle mocs.

I also like the overall look of the moc itself. I do however think that you should use a bit more red, or replace the red ball joints with black ones.

I also think the back of the moc could be covered up a bit more. Great moc overall!

1 Like

Thanks!

Okay

time to burn

This MOC

is not good

It’s a good try, and a nice concept, but the MOC is messy, the overall look is thrown together, the red balljoints completely ruin the look, regardless of whatever they’re supposed to be, and the feet

my gosh the feet

they don’t work. There’s a few part addition to the design you used that would have made them so much better.

The shoulders are pretty alright, though.

I kinda like the face, unlike some others.

Oh and the thighs failed. Man those open balljoint sockets.

1 Like