Bionicle MOC - Hector: The Inventor

Something about the waist feels a little odd, but the visual design is enticing, particularly the mechanical components.

1 Like

Really like the Steampunk-y stuff here and there, and the cane stick is quite good too.

1 Like

@Stoax I feel the same actually and I’ve been trying different solutions already
@Rocka99 thats a fair point yeah, might put some work into them and post a V2 at some point
@William_Tahu15 @Runa @Wheatley heres how the head is made btw

11 Likes

@Jayfa thank you

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

The core design is very nice, and the torso is fabulous. The arms feel like they need some dark tan, though.

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Cool use of the Dalek head dish, and of the colours. Really looks like someone who’s patched himself up. The shoulders are nice, too. I’ve been waiting for a MoC to really use burnt orange in its colours.

1 Like

I’m really liking this MOC and the steampunk style it was built in.

My favorite parts of it have to be the mask, the peg leg, and the cane. The design on the cane looks really good, and makes clever usage of the tassel and revolver pieces.

This is what I love to see. Excellent work, mate.

1 Like

I’m glad you agree hahah, thanks man it’s always nice to be appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, really cool design to this guy with a metric ton of personality and plenty of interesting building techniques! I particularly like the silver leg’s design, it just looks so sleek!
Also, colors much! He pulls of the steam punk style excellently but is still very unique at the same time!
That eye is stellar, i’d love to have an “under the hood” look at the head!
The ONLY part that isn’t near-perfect or perfect it the right arm though, it looks a little flimsy and unfinished, but that may just be me being nit picky and is actually intentional. If so, I think maybe using gray, silver, burnt orange or any other color that goes with him instead of the black if you can because unless black is a major part of the color scheme, black parts tent to look unfinished.
Anyway, stupid ramble aside, tl; dr-he is phenomenal!

1 Like

Thankyou so much! I agree that both arms actually feel unfinished and ive been working on some custom ones as replacements. As for the head, if you scroll up a bit i posted some photos on what he looks like behind the mask :slight_smile:

I think you should change the peg leg to his left. Right now, the walking stick won’t help.

Huh, thats an interesting point, you’re totally right

The arms are a little plain and the torso is a bit thin, otherwise cool moc.

This is a much older version of the moc, the newer version has fixed both of those problems

Could you link it? I’d love to see it.

This is an incredible build. I’d say you nailed the old inventor look perfectly, and he just has so much character.

1 Like

nice. It has lots of character, just like you wanted.

1 Like

Very nice! Love the steampunk vibe