Bionicle MOC - Zhúlóng: The Great Torch Dragon

Decided to do a project in collaboration with @Luigi1456andrew to create a dragon for a variety of colours and styles similar to Dagon. First up is Zhúlóng, a red, chinese dragon styled moc. I hope you guys enjoy.

Zhúlóng: The Great Torch Dragon

The head is so heavy that the neck has been reinforced with 4 friction extenders and 2 layers of ccbs bones

Various closeups and alternate angles

Any critiques are greatly appreciated as I feel this moc could still be improved a great deal.

74 Likes

Wow, that is awesome. How’d you get the fire on the tail to stick together?

2 Likes

Old style fire pieces have micro pins that can clip into other fire pieces

2 Likes

I wish there was a way to cover those friction adders, but they’re not too distracting. And the shells leave for some gaps. Besides that, it’s nice!

1 Like

Yeah me too, i did have it without them for a while but it just wouldn’t stay up unfortunately.

1 Like

I really like the head and the use of CCBS. My only critique is the inika armor parts on the front legs look out of place because of their more mechanical texture, whereas the rest of the dragon looks very organic. Great job, though.

2 Likes

Yeah you’re totally right, I’ll change those asap

This is amazing
Everything about this looks great, and reminds me a lot of the new Ninjago green mech dragon

1 Like

Great as always, the gold and tan accents pull it together very well.

1 Like

Wow … I love it.

So cooooool

1 Like

I feel the head is too big for the body. Also, the metru red seems to concentrated in the head, especially when the body has very little of it.

I love the head tho, and the body is good too.

Typically chinese dragons do have rather large heads, hence why It didn’t really concern me too much. I can see where you’re coming from however. I do get the complaint about the colour grading too, I was intending on doing a gradual change from dark red > mata red > trans orange, but that said the actual gradualness of that change isn’t all that great and could be improved

1 Like

The eyebrows kinda ruins the flow and the back leg could be bulk out abit, that begin said; the head is well sculpted and using long bones for the entire torso works.

1 Like

Half stupid idea…
Maybe use Tahu G2 masks… Like either of them work. Maybe give it a scaled look.

This looks amazing. I love it. Not sure if Dagon is better

1 Like

Thinking about that, the head might also be attached in a weird way. Maybe too low.

1 Like

I had no idea that’s what those pins were for!

1 Like

That head has a lot of character in it.

1 Like

@Square without the eyebrows it looks really derpy believe me hahah
@Omega_Tahu you’re totally right, thank you its been bugging me and i couldn’t figure out why

1 Like

How you made the tail?

already answered.

2 Likes