BIONICLE: New Legends - The Rebellion

UPDATE-2: Updated completely this topic to include my 3 other creations.

Those MOC were build with pieces of "Uniter Pohatu, “Uniter Gali”, “Uniter Lewa” and other pieces from the first generation. So here I present you, five more uncommon toas.

Toa Jalai, she is a Toa of the Jungle. She can manipulate plants, and has the ability to control water, but cannot absorb and use it.

Toa Tilar is a Toa of Poison. First one ever created, let’s say, a failure, since his powers are pretty against the Toa codex. He can poison ennemies, and sometimes even turn them against their own allies.

Toa Ikero is a Toa of Plasma. He is the only known Toa of Plasma still alive(in my series). He got a special weapon, which redirects his elemental power to his weapon, creating a plasma beam(very tiring during a battle though). He was also member of the Order of Mata Nui, but seeing that his friend, Rilana, left, he left the Order to join the Rebellion.

Toa Rilana is a Toa of Lightning. She was first with the Order of Mata Nui, but realized how militarized this organization was. Her goal was to chase down Toa Theon, destroy the remaining dark hunters, etc, but she later joined the Rebellion because she felt that something was wrong with the Order.

Toa Theon is a Toa of Shadow AND Fire. Like Takanuva, he was attacked by a Shadow Leech, and could remove it before the entire transformation. Only this time, he was a matoran. He was hunted by the Order of Mata Nui because of his great elemental powers(exception Takanuva).

The Rebellion consists of 5 members now:
-Toa Jalai(leader)
-Toa Tilar(deputy leader)
-Toa Ikero
-Toa Rilana
-Toa Theon

They joined the Rebellion in that order.

Jalai and Tilar were considered as misconceptions, and, as matorans, had to flee. They transformed to Toa thanks to Lhikan, who ordered the main operators on the Red Star to give them a chance to be real hereos…

There isn’t a real background story for the 3 other Toa.

As you can see, they are a mixture of the G1 and G2 Bionicle building systems. I don’t know if they should have the ability to switch between the G1 and G2 universe, but they would need an Olmak mask for this.

I hope these guys look decent for a simple Toa MOC. Sadly, I had to use the Uniter Chest, and since you can see their respective element icon, it makes no sense to make them a Toa of Poison and Toa of Plants. Thank you @Nitro-Nynrah for your proposals!

14 Likes

Really lovin’ the imagination put into here! I’d definitely say that Jalai should be a Toa of The Green (Plantlife/Jungle), with that lovely vibrant colour-scheme. Tilar… now this is interesting. He’s too brown to be Lightning, and has no white, but… I think this would be awesome for perhaps a new element of sorts. Like a Toa of Poison or something! I actually really like that colour scheme, especially since it contrasts beautifully with Jalai’s vibrance.

OOO! Perhaps a more ceremonial title, like a Toa of Growth and a Toa of Decay? Either way, I really like how these guys both contrast and look like parts of the same wave.

A Toa of Decay? Wouldn’t it be exactly what Toas wouldn’t find immoral? Just saying :wink:
The colour sheme is really difficult to identify with an element. Since I used Pohatus yellow pieces, with many metallic grey, I supposed it could work as a Toa of Lightning. Toa of Poison could also be considered as immoral, since Toas (usually) follow a strict code. Masks were also sometimes considered immoral, since they could slowly kill their ennemies(mostly Makuta Masks). But since I don’t have much choice, I will wait for other proposals :smile:

Ah, I know! That’s what I was getting at. A kinda bad powers/good people thing. Like maybe the Toa of Poison/Decay/whatever were scrapped by the Great Beings because the power lent itself too well to evil, but their prototype remained? Just an idea though, your guy!

I think Toa of Lightning have to be female and blue/white as well, but I could be wrong.

The armor on Jalai’s weapon seems.I can’t think of the right word, but it doesn’t belong on this kind of weapon.

As for Tilar, His shoulders are too low, and the way they stick it makes the whole upper body look awkward.

Tilar looks good, but his arms are too far from his shoulders/chest but your definitely going in the right direction

They both have broad shoulders. They are too wide, IMO.

Should be now better with Tilar’s shoulder.

Also, I think that a Toa of Poison wouldn’t be that bad, since he would be the first one. Keetongu and Tilar won’t be good friends though.

I really like how colorful Jalai is.

Jalai’s shoulders are really weird. Don’t like the spears.

Both are alright and have their merits.

I REALLY like Tilar. I never see that color scheme.

I like the concept, but the execution could be done a bit better.

What could have been done better? I know that shoulders are too wide and the spears are looking bad. What could be improved?

The blue pins are not obnoxious for to a Jalai. Elijay would be proud…

To improve you might be able to put trains neon yellow armour plates onto the lower arms on Toa Tilar, and maybe you can place the trans neon green bohrok teeth like on 2016 Lewa. You can also put the Unity pieces for shoulder pads for Tilar too. The arms could be longer for Tilar too. I hope this is helpful?

Edited for Double Post - Waj

So what I actually did now is invert the shoulders and the upper arm. As you can see, the Uniter pieces are used as upper arm instead of shoulders. I didn’t change the green Bohrok eyes(not teeth) since I like it where they are. Also did what you said for the armour plates.

1 Like

It’s nice to know that the advice is helpful

1 Like

Toa Jalai looks really cool, but the mask looks a bit too big for the rest of the MOC

Toa Tilar has a nice design but the colours looks a bit strange and isn’t distributed very well.

The grey mask conflicts with the silver and it really bugs me. I like them both though.

That’s the problem when you mix G1 and G2 pieces.

Limited pieces for both colours. I wish I could distribute them better, but I don’t have more pieces.

I was really stupid as a kid and painted my silver Hau to a red Hau. Regretting that choice.

Also, answering took so long because I wasn’t alerted.

They all look good. I especially like Toa Theon. He has a very consistent color scheme and design, plus an interesting back story.

1 Like