BIONICLE Revamp - Roodaka

Some quick pictures of the former Viceroy of the Visorak Horde, Bonkle Queen of the many: Roodaka, thicker than ever.

I have to order two or three pieces for her to be actually complete, but I consider her revamp done.
Maybe I’ll try to take other pictures with my Sidorak and even Keetongu when finished… Let’s hope it won’t take another 3-year break ahah

Here’s my Flickr for those interested!

EDIT: Here’s a rather crappy pic on my messy desk, in order to show her with Sidorak as well.

56 Likes

This is a really nice revamp, the blue highlights really sell it for me.

4 Likes

This is really cool. I love the blue bits all over, especially just above the knee–very clever and it looks fantastic. Also the hands are amazing, and the enlarged hair reminds me happily of the movie.

The Makuta-protodermis-seal-shard thing, though… that sticks out really weirdly. It’s much higher than it should be. As for her being “thicker than ever”–she’s not even all that thick compared to the original, which I think works very well. The subtly bigger bust and pronounced posterior look pretty good to me, although the Pohatu claw is kind of far out what with the angle of the hips and the Metru armor. Still like the angle, though, that must have been hard to build.

2 Likes

Those lower legs are sick, awesome job all around.

3 Likes

this is very nice. it looks very smooth and complete, and the blue highlights are just awesome.
my only gripe is the makuta crystal sticks up way too much imo.

1 Like

Thank you all!

That’s something other people pointed out yeah. I really wanted that crystal shard to be sticking out of her torso. But even when I was taking pictures, I found it quite annoying as it was hiding other details of the figure. I think I’ll remove the bottom half of the crystal and let the top sticking out of the Mata head’s mouth. Or use this piece instead, maybe?

(Indeed, that was for the maymay :stuck_out_tongue:).
Thank you for pointing that out! I tried to keep the femme fatale aesthetic without falling into oversexualized proportions, as other Bionicle MOCists tend to do.

Well, I see it as an ornament, not a piece of armor nor being part of her body, so it doesn’t bother me that much. But I can see where you coming from :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really like the waist design, it just perfectly captures the feminie look. I also quite like the use of the tube pieces as hair.

1 Like

I think that’d work pretty nicely. If you could somehow put a red eyestalk in the Mata head and have it show through her armor, I think that would be the best solution, since the shard’s pretty much between her breastplates in the movie.

Very tastefully done.

As anything, ornament, armor, or part of her body, it protrudes kind of awkwardly, but yeah, it’s somewhat better if I think of it as an ornament.

I think this is the best MOC of her… :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like
Butt claw.
5 Likes

Would you be willing to upload a MOC with instructions and pieces on BrickLink This is impeccable, honestly would love your help on getting one just like this!!

1 Like

HOW DO YOU BUILD THE CHEST