BIONICLE Science - Nova Blasts are insane and everyone should be scared of Toa

In Downfall, after Jaller starts to summon his power for the Nova blast, it’s implied:

Pridak saw the glow around Jaller and knew instantly what was about to happen. “The Toa of Fire!” he shouted to the other Barraki and their assembled armies. “Destroy him - now!”

2 Likes

Ah, I knew about that, I just wasn’t sure if there was a more explicit source. Even if it doesn’t state it outright, though, I would still personally agree that this is proof of Pridak having seen a Nova Blast before.

3 Likes

Yes, the quote Wekua posted is what I meant.

Greg said that after absorbing Toa Power for 2000 years, Tuyet is now 200-300 times more powerful than before and that her elemental capacity exceeds that of a Makuta, though not her control.

Also, in general, when we see Nui Stone being used, it is depicted as a drastic increase in elemntal performance. Turaga loose most of their elemental capacity as a result of loosing all Toa Power which triggers their transformation. There are lots of indications the two are correlated scattered throughout the story and/or statements-too numerous to post here. But I summerized the knowledge in my energy topic.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t a Nova Blast of gravity be capable of destroying the GSR?

Many of them would, but there is the “GSR is designed to contain Nova Balsts” thing.

Q1. You consider the MU as a kind of equivalent of a universe? For example, the islands could be the planets, The thoughts of Mata Nui: the stars etc. Plus, the MU has its own space-time continuum.

Q2. There’s something you said in the Farsthey Feed that I dont understand, You said that a Toa of gravity could at least destroy a planet if he create a Nova Blast. But you recently said that all Nova Blast have the same potential of destruction, so any Nova Blast can destroy a planet? If so, when Gali has created a Nova Blast why this did not destroy the MU if she could have destroy a planet with a NB?

A1) No, I don’t. The Matoran do.

A2) Since the MU is an artificial environment, the odds are there are safeguards to protect other domes from a nova blast that takes place in one. But if you think about, most Toa powers would, if unleashed uncontrolled, have the ability to either do serious physical damage to a planet that might a) destroy it or b) render it incapable of supporting life or c) wipe out most of the life on a planet. If Gali’s powers caused the sea level of Aqua Magna to rise sufficiently, maybe it floods most of the landmasses and kills much of the population.

Firstly, I think Greg wasn’t thinking good enough at the topic when he said the city large, so I wouldn’t take it as canon, no. I think Nova blast should be more of a beam. Also you mentioned that there is high density substance, low density. I think Iron won’t go as far as Gali’s water goes.

Secondly, I WOULDN’T CONVERT MASS INTO ENERGY WITH OUR PHYSICAL LAWS. Those are fictional physics. They don’t really work like real ones. What they call energy probably is unlike our E in physics. So, I wouldn’t use that so literally.

That should make it less insane. Still, Nova blast is canonically powerful and enemies of toa should be afraid. But it is also pretty risky for everyone including toa and his friends.

You could also look into the fact that toa of Gravity using Nova can create a black hole. It is even more stupidly large amount of energy than billions of nuclear bombs. But, again, comic science. The world with elements Time and Life instead of just normal science. Not very correct to compare.

1 Like

Well, I believe that as the Toa were supposed to protect the Matoran, those with the elements Light and Time, as well as Gravity, would have a good incentive to not make a nova blast. Thus, it explains why their is no example of a nova blast of those elements.