Bionicle Story/Canon Questions

I have some pictures to help:
Here’s one by BZP Reference Master Curt
and here’s one by BZP Reference Keeper QB.

Thank you that helps alot

The Turaga hid the masks around the island when they first discovered the island of Mata Nui. They also hid the Toa stones from Tales of the Tohunga

Which Turaga, and if they did, how? I thought they couldn’t live without wearing some type of mask or krana?

It was the Turaga of Metru-Nui, when they were still the Toa Metru.

There are many masks in the universe of Bionicle.

More masks than beings to wear them.

As well as multiple copies of the same mask.

Oh, okay… why doesn’t Mata Nui(Gaint robot) have a mask?

Because he’s giant, and most any power a Kanohi mask could produce, so could the robot.

The robot doesn’t need one like the life forms inside him do.

1 Like

They are unique beings.

Well it’s sort of how we can not fall off of our earth when it’s spinning and travelling at a few thousand miles per hour, except this is scientifically inaccurate. :stuck_out_tongue:

(please forgive me if I’m exaggerating or understating the speed of the Earth; I do not have a source in front of me at the moment.)

EDIT: Just realized what you were saying. Um… disregard this and just listen to what the other guy said.

Really old topic, but… I never understood how they moved between Mata Nui and Metru Nui when they’re directly on top of each other… I mean, the way it was portrayed, it seemed like they just sailed directly there/back. (Although I may just be thinking of the movie. Which is not very canon.)

They sailed to the great barrier, which led to a big cavernous system that went upwards in all sorts of twists and turns.

The movie portrayed it accurately.

7 Likes

How useless is Earth as an element? Seems like it might as well just be merged with Stone.

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. I’ve always hated how similar they are.

2 Likes

The confusing part is that they’re supposed to be the ground-dwellers and yet 90% of the underground is stone.

4 Likes

how big is the GSR I know the Bionicle Wiki says its about 40,000,000 feet tall, but was it ever confirmed how tall it was

New question. Which matoran would be a better researcher?

Mata Nui did have a mask at one point. It was the island named after him. Thank you, I’ll be here all week.

4 Likes

I believe the Turaga learned how to rebuild the Matoran from a secret they were told by the Rahaga in Metru Nui.

Alright, I realise this is an old thread, but I’ve got a question that has been driving me insane the past week or so:

How is time measured in the Bionicle Universe?

We’re talking about a setting with a 100,000-year plus timeline.

It has its own alphabet, the skeleton of a language equivalent systems of measurement and currency and yet not once, have I found mention of how time is measured by the Matoran.

And it feels as though they should.

On another note, what exactly are the tenants of the Toa Code beyond ‘Toa don’t kill’?

1 Like

Why did Teridax want the Nui Stone shards embedded in Tuyet’s armor?

one word: POWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (he wants to be 2015 tahu)